ABS Fairing kits from Ebay

Malky
This post is 2681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have a 96 Thunderace with a fairing that's a bit tatty.  Are the fairings off Ebay any good?  I figured if I repaired the one I have I'd have to get it sprayed anyway so wondered if anyone here had bought one and how it fitted / quality...?  I have come across some with poor reviews and some with good.  Is it just pot luck???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Most after market type fairings are so say "made to fit" but that usually means you have to fiddle with them to get it to fit correctly whereas if you buy from the manufacturer they will fit right on no problem. So it depends if your good with a Stanley knife or not? If the advert has negative feedback about the product then expect problems, usually best to buy the kit you want and get a professional or fit it, which means of course that it would have been cheaper to buy the genuine one in the first place! :shrug:

Thanks for your advice Slice, I guess the question is am I willing to do a bit of fiddling and save the expected huge price I would be quoted by a Yamaha dealer or break open the piggy bank (again).  Maybe I ought to see if I can source one from a dealer after finding a comfy chair to repose on first eh.

l have one of those Chinese 'disco' kits from evil bay on my R1 for about 2 years now, fitting took a bit of fettling, i gotta say i was expecting it to be total shite, much to my surprise the finish is very good as is the paint, all decals under clear. They are holding up great , i will be getting another set for a ZX7R  hybrid, and i am not easy to please

unnamed%205_zpsqiozvcsh.jpg

That does look mint mate, I have seen these on ebay for about £400 +p&p so not a cheap option but MUCH cheaper then the "real" thing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online