DT125RE 2005 Suspension Linkage

TbirdX
This post is 2621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the relay arm to frame bolt out, I've undone the small 14mm one but how on earth do you get the larger 22mm one off.

My bike seems to have a piece of metal that stops the nut from being turned, I can barely get a socket on it. Is it supposed to drift out?  The Haynes manual would seem to suggest not but I can't see how it's possible to spin it out.

Cheers all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's supposed to drift out. Hard to get anything in there though, mine was seized solid, ended up cutting through the whole lot to get it out

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Yeah in the end. Tried making pullers etc to get it out but no good!

OK cheers for that.

I don't suppose you've also changed a lower shock bearing while you were at it? It seems Yam don't make a part for that so was wondering a) If its possible and B) where to get a suitable replacement

I don't think it's replaceable, it's only a solid bush anyway, no bearings. So as long as it's not chewed up you should be ok

Yamaha would have you buy a new shocker at around £200 rather than replace a £20 bearing.

Mine is shot. It's a spherical bearing, ie rose joint type.

I have removed the shock and pressed out the bearing and sourced a replacement. Hopefully it'll take out the excess play for the MOT and save me a few quid.

Good work, mine was ok so I never pursued it further.

• 2 months later...

Well, finnerz, you were right.

Heat wouldn't shift it, whacking it with ever larger hammers wouldn't shift it so in the end had to take a grinder to it and cut the relay arm to bits. After an epic 3 hour battle I had it in many, many bits on the garage floor.

New bearings all round in a 2nd hand relay arm and finally, it's back on the road with a fresh MOT.

That's exactly what I did mate. That's getting stripped every year now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online