My baby

Scottybruce
This post is 2683 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tut tut, that's a Dt125r.

Small difference but makes a big difference as far as the engine is concerned. That bike on a good day with the right mods may actually do 80mph, I would take the speedometer reading with a pinch of salt as I would expect up to 15mph error.

Nice bike. Done well to survive, most are dead.

Yep.

Like i said, spedometer accuracy is off. My car is off by around 10mph.

When the clock says 85 im doing 75 as per my tom tom.

Be happy, you have a good bike im not shooting you down. With some care and a quality exhaust properly jetted. Providing the engine is still sound you bike could hit a genuine 85.

Its where all the bullshit comes from with the later dtr's doing stoooopid speeds.

Yours is one of the last genuinely restricted bikes. Later dtr's didn't have their wings clipped. They were designed to 12kw so have to be tuned. BIG difference.

Oh well?

Strange. You should be able to comfortably humiliate any  4stroke 125. No matter what they are.

In fact anything post 2002 will be lucky to pass you without spending proper money. 

Define pinned. You will need to check that as they can move. It needs the pv re drilling and the pin re fitting for it to stay open. Keep an eye on the pv seals too. 

Thats alright. They will break down soon enough and when your buying beer. They will be buying piston kits.

TDR 250 (1988), DT175 (1980) and a CB175 (1971).

Imagine your bike with only slightly better brakes and 50hp.

You nuts get hot. The screen aims the wind at your face and the seat is used for torture at guantanamo.

But on your fav country road  no matter what shit is dragging you down when the engine hits 6k you dont care. Your laughing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cynic said:

Tut tut, that's a Dt125r.

Small difference but makes a big difference as far as the engine is concerned. That bike on a good day with the right mods may actually do 80mph, I would take the speedometer reading with a pinch of salt as I would expect up to 15mph error.

Nice bike. Done well to survive, most are dead.

The ''R' Cynic, that must be for racing eh, or rare? l dont think it stands for ''ridiculous'' as in claims that it will do 85mph (on the road), but i could be wrong, it has been known.

Oh well?

Strange. You should be able to comfortably humiliate any  4stroke 125. No matter what they are.

In fact anything post 2002 will be lucky to pass you without spending proper money. 

Define pinned. You will need to check that as they can move. It needs the pv re drilling and the pin re fitting for it to stay open. Keep an eye on the pv seals too. 

I mean pinned as when you remove cover you turn the plastic to the right and there's a hole to put a screw in check it's flush in the mini fold if so screw a screw in the hole and it's fully open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online