Yet another new rider

null
This post is 2732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

So after years of wanting to ride, I've finally gone and bought my first bike. A red 2009 Yamaha YBR-125.

Having done my CBT a little over 12 months ago, time was ticking down until I'd have to either do my full license or redo the CBT. So I decided I'd pull my finger out, get on the road, and build up my experience in order to prepare for the full license test I aim to take in the next 6 months.

The bike is in great condition, however I did snap the gear shifter off due to wearing big thick military boots and being a little too heavy-footed. :rolleyes: I've already bought a replacement and I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty this evening and replacing it.

Looking forward to talking with you all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC, Christ you broke the shifter!!! Never heard of that before, you must be one heavy footed dude. Check that the splines are clear of any swarf from the old one when you replace it.

:wavey: welcome aboard!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online