Replacing a throttle cable

Spike101uk
This post is 2710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yea, as long as you can turn the engine over.

Top Tip:- Do NOT touch the engine with any body part when cranking it over. If it does spark, you won't need to see it, you WILL feel it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So 10 days since the last reply....do we have an update

Update on this ,  I've discovered the 3 white wires going to the regulator from the plug that connects to the stator wires was melted and corroded, unsure as to what component has failed or if it's just old wiring, but I'm struggling to find out the correct wire I need so gonna bypass the plug and connect the 3 white wires from stator straight to regulator via the spade terminals ,  and see what happens, I've also tried getting a reading from the other 2 wires from stator leads, and so far got nothing,  I know this is to do with ignition but not sure I was testing it right with the multimeter. or I was and the 2 coils next to stator are  the issue , 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online