Another 400

blackhat250
This post is 2558 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Seem quiet  in here ,[ projects,] so ,  I "ll run this resto  thru the winter months,   Aquired DT400  [ 501- model,,] with the assistance of my manchunian friend Drewps,  :rolleyes:,   its a bit rough,  but has N.O.V.A,  number,  engine was solid ,thru water ingress, ,  but av  rebuilt it with new crank [rod& bearing]

Grampian eng,[Liverpool]  great service,,  barrel is away being rebored too ,, just send it away , they supply piston ,, ,,,

20160612_141828.jpg

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice. Wish I had the space you do john, I have to leave one on the drive to work on any others.

• Like 1

What's the plan with this one then?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Well paul, was gonna make a modified DT, but,    a  friend wants it built exactly like mine,  so its  being built to order, , he had one in 1978.

So ,  may put my paintwork on his , and  change mine,, :rolleyes: heres my wrist pin  remover ,

20160614_155739.jpg

Sounds like a plan. Ahh the joys of allthread! I changed all my swingarm bearings and bushes like that

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Motor rebuilt, , on .50 bore now, need more cold days .= shed time,  worked right till Xmas eve,  

20160629_104843.jpg

20161225_142854.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Its   looking like a bike again , , Wiring next, some dork cut the plug of [ 6 pin], when removing the lights,   I doubt snips were lying handy, coz unplugging the plug musta been hard work eh,<_<

20170117_140658.jpg

• Like 2

Love the bike on the poster! And your bike looks lovely as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sacha said:

digs hole and tries to get out of it :eusa_dance:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sacha said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How vigilant sash" :rolleyes: XT500,  ,Well thay were both supposed to be black,:eusa_shhh:, but I never made myself clear, [ to the painter]  So,  today I"v  swapped the Yeller on to mine, B)

20170118_153742_1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The rear fender was a mess, [cracked]  so took it to Rodney , [ he was at squires this year on Lc]  hes brazed it up then I flattened it with Flapper disc,  the n filled dips, 

20170112_162413.jpg

after 10  fills and rubdowns,

20170119_163653.jpg

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online