1999 Yamaha TDM 850 engine replacement

This post is 2735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks for the reply. 

I've bought a block and top end casing for my current engine so I'm going to attempt the rebuild myself! Here's hoping I don't screw it up. 

Hopefully with lots of photos, taking my time and support from the service manual / support from this forum I'll succeed!!

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i'm just doing the valves ATM, the little shims are a pain and need to take the cams out too :(

One thing I noticed, the pounding on the inlet journals peens the alloy slightly, check that you have 3mm oil holes on the gallery (one had closed up to 2mm) and I had to file away the edges just to get the buckets out.

they are cracking engines though

I'm hoping the internals are okay! Hopefully I can leave the valves etc alone and bolt them straight in to the new head/block! However I'll be inspecting it thoroughly. 

Are there any pics available that your aware of of the internals?

Goodluck with the valves though.. sounds like a fun job. I'm sure I'll find out in a week when my parts arrive!

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online