Yamaha Diversion - Judders

DeeG
This post is 2698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there hope you're all well, hopefully someone can help me with a problem.

I have got an annoying judder when I slow down and I'm riding in a lower gear.

Bike runs fine when I'm in the top gear and riding but as soon as I slow down and in a lower gear there is a juddering sensation and also a rattling noise.

I'm hoping someone on here has had the same problem and had a fix.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could be warped disks too, my FZ did that at lower speeds on light braking. got new disks and it went away

I suppose it might be the chain getting worn or as Drewpy said a warped disk. To many things it could be, head stock bearing swing arm bearing worn pads loose bolts etc. Have you any idea at all as to where the noise judder is coming from? Front or rear of the bike?

Its very difficult to hear where it is coming from exactly, but I would say it is more from the rear of the bike.

When I first start a journey it seems ok, but after ive been riding a bit this is when it starts, almost as if something has warmed up first!

Wish I was a mechanic!!!!

If you use a lower gear still. When you say lower gears how are you using them. What is the rpm, speed and gear the noises start.

Carb balance and plugs generally show in the lower revs with larger throttle use. I think its probably pinking.

loose rear wheel?

unbalanced wheel, in 6th you'll be going a lot faster than 2nd and 3rd so inertia forces could just balance it out.

check all bearings including the rear sprocket carrier and rear disk

2 hours ago, DeeG said:

Hi

When I'm in say 1st and 2nd it seems to be worse and the revs are about 3 - 4000.  Once I'm up to 6th gear it disappears.

Thanks

Hmm, well on my old 600 the rev counter didn't read worth a toss till 3k, have you tried riding it with a little more oomph. Getting her out of that nasty 3-4k rpm range, most 600's are happiest chugging at 6-7k, 7k normally the point most non racy middleweights wake up so you have power ready to use if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

my divvie done the same. only noticed it in lower gears. i changed the chain and cush rubbers and it stopped straight away..

Now that makes sense, cush rubbers, everybody forgets them till they need changing. Good thought fabiostar!

it seemed to solve mine. it was fine checking them with the wheel in the bike but when i pulled the wheel out they were as slack as a whores draws ..:P