Never Ending Bad Luck

Grouch
This post is 2723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just as the scaffolding got taken away now I'm worried sick about something else. On Friday evening I was sat at home with the door open. I have 5 cats so if the weather is not too bad I leave it open so they can come and go. I'm sat there on the pc when all of a sudden the cats come charging into the house followed by a Jack Russel and a Staffy. I jumped up and shouted get these f'ing dogs out of my house. They ran out and by the time I put my trainers on and went out one cat was in the my garden in a dogs mouth. He managed to get away and thank God he come back 20 minutes later unharmed. A few gardens down the other dog had hold of another of my cats. He managed to break free and ran off. He hasn't been seen since. We are worried sick. The owner of the dogs was a complete dickhead over the matter. He said 'someone' had left his gate open I know it's not the dogs fault but I said to him he would be paying vets bills to which he said it's not his responsibility. I walked away from him before I punched him. A fat smelly, scruffy man. His neighbours that live next door to him said half the street has had problems with him and his dogs. I've phoned all the vets etc and now I suppose I'll have to make some posters. It really is one thing after another. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If Buddhism is to be believed you must have been Hitler or Attila the Hun etc in a previous life.

Seriously if you are concerned about his dogs being out of control, then sect 3 of the dangerous dogs act 1991 covers that, especially as no doubt the dog tried to attack you when you rescued your cat

• Like 1

It's the idiot owner. He never lets them out or takes them out. He's like the Wayne character from Harry Enfield. I feel sorry for them. It's 100% the owner. They're not vicious or out of control they just saw my cats and reacted naturally. At first I wanted to shoot them then I thought about reporting them as dangerous but whats the point? I don't really care as long as he keeps his distance. I just want my cat to come back. 

Well, go down the route of RSPCA, an unfit person to keep dogs....Oh and here's my auld dog and cat "reacting naturally"

004_zpskriqryu5.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grouch said:

then I thought about reporting them as dangerous but whats the point?

The point is to get them taken away from the cunt that currently has them, and into a rescue home where someone lovely like me will give them a good home, good food, good training, good exercise and an all-round very good life.

I'd volunteer myself, but we already have three and there's no more room on the bed/sofa/back seat.

• Like 1

The RSPCA has been closed down in my city but he has been reported to the dog warden by me and the neighbours whose garden they went in. Just haven't reported him to the police. 

Dog warden is more likely to just kill the dog... Worth speaking to the Dogs Trust or maybe local independent rescue centres.

Yea - 100% owners fault. Staffordshire Terriers have a bad reputation, but in my experience they are lovely - the only problem is usually with the owners. Unbelievable that he would say 'not my responsibility.' Guys not fit to look after a house plant, let alone an animal.

• Like 2

The face of our "killer" pit bull. He even passed his canine good citizen class. :thumb: People are the common denominator when it comes to ill-mannered dogs or dogs at large. :shakeno: 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Our oldest Staffie (my Avatar) is scared of cats, there were two local ones when she was a puppy and they bullied her, the younger Staffie just sits and looks at cats, the two small dogs will chase anything including cats and birds, but they have no way of getting out of the house or garden as we have double gates and double doors to the exits, that act a bit like an airlock.

• Like 2

Here's a bit of an insight for you, or rather the next idiots you encounter - Most "Staffies" are not *proper* Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Proper Staffies have (over many, many decades) had the aggression bred out of them. Any Staff that showed even a hint of aggression was killed, leaving only the nice happy lineages. They were bred to be family pets, ideal for accompanying young children and there's a reason it is known as the 'Nanny Dog'. They're soppy, lovable, loving little guys who would do anything to get a smile from you.

These days, many Staffies have been crossbred with violent fighting dogs, by unscrupulous back-alley breeders out to make a quick buck off the Chavscum who just want a status dog. The unfortunate result is that the Staffy genes mean a lot of them still look like proper Staffies.

That is why the Staffy has such a bad rep - People are spoiling the breed with their idiocy... and the dog pays the price.

• Like 4

Still not home, been a week now. It's the not knowing that bothers me the most. The thought of him hid away somewhere slowly starving and dehydrating to death because he is too scared to move is killing me. The weather has got colder now as well. I'm at my wits end. 

Grouch, put up some posters with a reward mate, you'll be knee deep in cat's before you know it.

Just so you know NOT being funny here it's a genuine concern for your moggy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My cat Bruno is home thank God. After nearly three weeks the owner of the dogs who attacked him brought him round to my house. The weirdo said he had been in his cellar for nearly three weeks! He has had my cat in his cellar all this time and known all along. Bruno has lost a lot of weight and is like a bag of bones. The guy is obviously a sicko for putting us through all this for so long knowing he had him all this time. He is lucky Helen come back from work when she did because I was really losing patience with him and getting angrier by the second. He was acting like he had done nothing wrong. Bruno has been locked in his cellar, starved and left to rot down there scared to death. He is filthy and really emaciated. The main thing is he's back but the guy is obviously sick. Thank you for all the support

Bruno Skinny.jpg

• Like 2

Report him to the RSPCA even if they are no longer local, and also worth telling the police as who knows what the dick may do next.

he's a moron, needs taking to task. report him so there is a paper trail at least in case/when something happens again.

So glad your kitteh's back and not worse off!! What a weirdo your neighbor is. :shakeno:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor kitty. Hows he behaving? 

Glad hes back!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online