Mystery Scaffolding Appears On My House

Grouch
This post is 2747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

7 minutes ago, Cynic said:

I was expecting something more along the lines of a golf ball and a fire extinguisher. 

Mispent youth? 

Or, potatoes, WD40 and a gas cooker spark igniter (over yards spud-flight achieved)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spud cannon i made was a beast!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Are your neighbours blind and deaf.

No chance something like that would go up in my village. Without the folk being seen by someone. They wouldnt stop them but they would notice.

Bet there is a contractor somewhere screaming murder at not having a scaffold.

Everyone was at work so it was missed. The landlord is on the case but seriously a week later and nobody has noticed that they fucked up? When I do find out which company it is if they don't compensate me financially for the stress etc I am going to put it all over social media and phone the local rag. I want at the very least to take the mrs out for a nice meal. 

• Like 1

You know how this works.

Somewhere there is a firm that orderd a scaffold to be ready for day x. That will be done sometime ahead by a scaffolder. Could be from miles away.

Scaffolders put up scaffold at address given. They may have been told no ones going to be in. Scaff inspector will come to sign off. Then a few days/week later work starts. Maybe new winows or such.

I bet the scafolders got the address wrong. Then the whole thing goes to shit. If the people that put it up cant remember where it is they will write it off. They may never come for it.

One last thought. Scaffold tube more often than not has something like  "property of bogit an co" stamped along the tube.

• Like 3

I bet Cynic is right Grouch, it's just a case of the wrong address and they may never return for it. It is odd tho, again Cynic is right there is usually and address or web site attached somewhere my last lot had it stamped/burned into the scaff boards.

Just as mysteriously as it appeared it has now gone. Thank f for that. The idiots have got away with it. I have no idea who put it there. 

• Like 3

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online