Trackday Donington Monday

This post is 2737 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im there Monday for the road bikes trackday, taking the fz6. Question is, do I remove the centre stand or leave it on. Im inclined to take it off. Ill be taking a few tools just as back up if owt needs adjusting, and the mirrors will come off the day before

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

depends on how far your going to lean?

take it off if you like, just make sure the chain is well adjusted beforehand

should be a great day especially if it doesn't rain, have fun

Think ill leave it on. Just taking a few tools, 1/4 socket set with sockets/hex's/slotted/crosspoints, torch, pliers, cable ties, duct tape. Bikes been checked over and filled this morning, mirrors off. Ill pack some snap tonight then off in the morning. Weathers looking good

Sure its actually worth the worry.

My old suzuki still had its centre stand, granted with the rubber stops cut to almost nothing.

I could lean that ol girl far enough to drag the bellypan, pegs and exhaust. Stand never touched.

Wish i was going too.

wehnTommy and I were at Barnsley a few years ago, there was this immaculate suzi Gt, just restrored. he ground his main stand away in 20 mins

Manufacturer was Maginon. Bought it from Aldi a few years ago. Only place i could mount it out of the wind blast was behind the sxcreen and onto the bars. The more revs i gave it, the more waves fluctuated through the images. Shame really, cos I had a real blast.

I booked it cos it was a Road Bike only day. Me and very few others actually rode there, most were trailered/vanned in. Shared the garage with a Ducati, ZX10R, R1, GSXR1000. Ive never seen so many Ducatis in one place. S1000RR, Fireblades, and a couple of MVF3s

And my 600 fazer. What a hoot. Loved it :)

• Like 2

Surprising how many vibes you get through the bars! Sounds like good company though!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online