Indicator flash rate

Morseman
This post is 2763 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

A mate of mine has just bought a Virago 535 (don't know the year yet but I'll find out) and he thinks the indicators are flashing a bit fast.

Is there an adjustment anywhere please?  I've looked at some basic schematics and it looks like it's all done inside the relay unit.

Thanks - Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fraid so, it's usually a new relay if there is a problem, pretty cheap fix all in all. unless of course he has LEDs in it in which case it's again usually a relay but it's extra to the original to allow for the lower amperage I think? Folks on here will know more about that as some have fitted LEDs to their bikes.

Check the wattage on the bulbs. The relays are usually setup to work properly with 21W bulbs at each corner. If you've got 10W bulbs or LEDs the flash rate generally goes up. Either replace the bulbs with the correct wattage or get a solid state relay, they have a preset flash rate.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online