Idiots on the road

Grouch
This post is 2722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After being knocked off my bike and left for dead in a hit and run two weeks ago I've just come within inches of being smashed into again! Some dickhead has pulled out in front of me after watching me come from the top of the road and left it until the last minute to pull out on me. Causing me to slam on. I caught up with the idiot at a junction and proper gave him a mouthful. He wouldn't even look at me because he knew he was in the wrong. I never will quit but sometimes I think is it worth it? The standard of driving seems to get worse each day. Every time I go out on my bike I'm taking a gamble. I'm really fed up of it now. I think my problem is I use my bike daily as it is my only transport. So I am always caught up in rush hour and riding through notorious areas for bad drivers. I think I'd be better getting a car and just riding bikes on a weekend. The way things are it's just a matter of time before I am smashed into again. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't ride daily for that very reason.

Still mange to do a fair bit of mileage and is a good release from work stress

• Like 2

Not sure if this will help, and it doesn't stop everyone who wants to be a tit, but when you're riding straight down a road with cars waiting to pull out, weave slightly. It breaks up the optical illusion that makes a narrow image look like it's standing still. Works the same with or without lights on and I commute every day.

Although with your luck Grouch, I would also consider sacrificing a goat to the gods before you get on the bike in the morning...

• Like 9

Have you got rid of those L plates yet Grouch ? They seem to act like a magnet to trouble on the road. In my opinion its like the dickheads think they can blame you for everything because in their eyes you're just a learner. You can improve the level of road users simply by passing your test. Probably cheaper in the long run than Katie's brilliant suggestion with the Goat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katie1 said:

Not sure if this will help, and it doesn't stop everyone who wants to be a tit, but when you're riding straight down a road with cars waiting to pull out, weave slightly. It breaks up the optical illusion that makes a narrow image look like it's standing still. Works the same with or without lights on and I commute every day.

Although with your luck Grouch, I would also consider sacrificing a goat to the gods before you get on the bike in the morning...

Actually sounds like a good idea :) 

15 minutes ago, Tommy xs said:

Have you got rid of those L plates yet Grouch ? They seem to act like a magnet to trouble on the road. In my opinion its like the dickheads think they can blame you for everything because in their eyes you're just a learner. You can improve the level of road users simply by passing your test. Probably cheaper in the long run than Katie's brilliant suggestion with the Goat.

I know. I'm booking my theory test tomorrow. When I renewed my CBT last year the instructor told me to go in for my test. This is my 5th year on 125's. Also the finance on my bike is paid off in November. That was the other thing putting me off. Being stuck with the finance for three years. Love the WR though. Easily one of the best 125's out there. 

• Like 3

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:44 PM, Katie1 said:

I weave for fun because I am such a cool guy.. but when I see other people doing it I'm like 'pffff grow up.' haha

• Like 1

On 28/09/2016 at 4:44 PM, Katie1 said:

Why do people lack pragmatism?

Sacrifice a bad driver from the day before and leave the poor goat alone!! Besides, if you insist on being a backward, barbaric savage, then at least eat the slaughtered goat yourself, rather than leaving it for non-existent deities!!

On 07/10/2016 at 11:02 AM, mrtone said:

Why not ride a goat instead :)

Because the front dives down too much under braking, throwing the rider over the bars. Known design flaw...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Because the front dives down too much under braking, throwing the rider over the bars. Known design flaw...

Bit worried about how knowledgeable you sound there...

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online