picking up a TDM850 Mk2 saturday

drewpy
This post is 2126 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Looks great Drew I’d be concerned about curing in an oven though, although I suppose you do have access to larg ovens so is just warm oven for how long?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
4 hours ago, Tommy xs said:

Looks great Drew I’d be concerned about curing in an oven though, although I suppose you do have access to larg ovens so is just warm oven for how long?

did it at 200'c for 10 mins starting from cold and let it cool slowly.

Its what the powder coaters do so i'm in safe territory

• 3 weeks later...

well I've finally got the 17" wheel fitted to the TDM.

I had to have another spacer made as the original one was 2mm too small and would have put a side load on the bearing. I also had to purchase a C3 bearing as that was the only size there was that would fit the 17mm axle and the wheel.

Last thing I had to do was put a small washer twixt speedo mech and bearing as the disk alignment was out (talking 1 mm here, and made a big diference)

Got the R5 fitted and took the girl out for a ride, wow much better with handling and feels so different to the 18".

8DBhizI.jpg

aqHcodP.jpg

had to lower the front guard too so use 45mm x m6 stainless screws and about 25mm tubing to lower.

Now there's room for a fork brace pimp.gif

• Like 1

The difference when i fitted the mags to my TDR were night and day. Might nick your fitting of the front guard as mine is still too high. Got a pic?

I'm still holding out for an RG front guard. 

7 hours ago, Cynic said:

The difference when i fitted the mags to my TDR were night and day. Might nick your fitting of the front guard as mine is still too high. Got a pic?

I'm still holding out for an RG front guard. 

this is  what I did for now. might buy a bar of Alloy and shape a fork breace

eJ1vwfQ.jpg?1

• 2 months later...

bit of an update;

fitted the refurbed wheels with a larger tyre and also a new rear disk.

Also fitted the refurbed front disk using original hub. I think I mentioned the saga of the fuel dump into the engine, well I've rebuilt the carbs (even having to helicoil one top carb thread).

new inlet manifolds as the old ones were cracking, new throttle cable as I have to cut the old one off. The new throttle cable was a bugger to fit at the carb end as there are so many tubes attached to the carb.

reset the TPS as it was out

I balanced the carbs after replacing the oil filter and new oil. the bike runs a dream now, even better than before, the clutch cable was very slack but after tightening up seemed no issues and in fact changed a lot better than before. the enfoced fuel in the oil must have flushed the crud out of the engine.

no knocking noises and jobs a good 'un

IAC3J4c.jpg

dObGUJS.jpg

t0OJYEo.jpg