Cleaning my mt125

Mt125
This post is 2732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello people 

ive just recently got a Yamha mt125 

and obviously soon it will need a wash but I'm worried about what  I  can wash it  has a plastic covered tank.  Few others plastic  and then the engine. Thanks  Sam 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think about it! It's a motorbike it's supposed to get wet ! So just wash it with car shampoo and clean water, then DRY IT don't let it sit with puddles of water all over it. That's about it really. Just as an aside why are you worried about washing it?

On 9/17/2016 at 10:39 PM, Mt125 said:

Hello people 

ive just recently got a Yamha mt125 

and obviously soon it will need a wash but I'm worried about what  I  can wash it  has a plastic covered tank.  Few others plastic  and then the engine. Thanks  Sam 

Hi MT

Just be careful with the tank (If it`s a matt finish) It can scratch easily. I use muc-off nano tech bike cleaner on my MT125 and it works a treat . For cleaning the front and  rear wheels, I use WD40 but just be careful not to get any on the tires. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just give me a shout. 

JD 

• 1 month later...

As  dodger says,, :thumb:,    My advise is "  I just wouldn't  use a  pressure washer on a bike,  ,  its asking for electrical problems, 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online