YZF R125

martynball
This post is 2748 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, I have got a LED number plate light with my tail tidy, however this LED has got bullet connectors, my bike has got the following kind of connectors. I want to redo the LED light connector as to avoid messing with the stock bike electronics, how would I find out the exact connector which is used for the number plate light, and also the indicators as they are different sizes. 

motorcycle-stator-connector.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's very rare to find an exact copy of the bike electric connectors, in fact as "rare as rocking horse shit" is the phrase I would use, I would use the stuff in the kit you bought after all they went to the trouble of supplying them so they must work!

There is nothing in the hit to use though, it's just a positive and negative bullet connector. I have ended up snipping them off and attaching to very small spade connectors, then I have put shrink wrap around one incase they get knocked and touch and just put them inside the block connector. Will do for now.

In the future would you just recommend to attach a widley use connect to both what im adding and the original

I think I know where youre at. To fit the new white connectors, you have to remove the black ones from the bike. Sometimes the spades in the black connecotrs can be got out by using a very small flat blade driver to lift the tang on the spades, then pull the spades out. And sometines you have to do waht I did and very carefully cut/snip away at the black plugs until you have fully exposed the spades on both halves. De-solder the spades from both halves of the loom, re-solder on your new spades. push the new spades into the new blocks. Job done

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online