Throttle cable too short

pignapper
This post is 2775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys.

Yamaha sr125 throttle cable snapped. Bought new one from wemoto but seemed to be an inch short. When assembled It was if i had throttle open a quarter turn. Had it in a garage for another issue and asked mechanic to fit me another. When i got it back. Same issue. He gave me back the old one so i know it was changed. Both of us cant have got it wrong. Any ideas guys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

contact wemoto, they were really helpful in getting the correct cable for my FZ. Will also send you another cable and return the other free post

2 hours ago, pignapper said:

Thanks will give it a try. Still confused as to why 2 different cables wont fit. Is there a way of extending them.

there was 4 variations of mine, just need to find the right one, measure your original cable and let wemoto know

Ok guys before i rip this engine down a little advice please. After new valve seals installed bike struggled to start and was VERY lumpy. After alot of fettling ive come to do timing and have checked and rechecked that im on compression stroke (4t). But when piston is at the top just after inlet valve closes, the top cam timing mark is exactly 180 deg off.

Q. could i have put the top cam back in upside down. I.E. 180deg off.....

Thoughts please..

It is possible for the bike to "run" with a 180 degree out but it will back fire and fart instead of running properly, but as Kev say's more likely an electrical fault.

Thanks for the advice guys. I stripped it down yesterday and rotated the cam. Put her back together and shes running far better. As soon as the rain goes away its time for a test ride. If there is anything else ill ask for more help. Thanks again.

• Like 1

So what happened with the throttle cable