YB1 (FS1E) No power

harryp2606
This post is 2802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys

Recently got a YB1 (basically fs1) and I can't get up hills with it (no power). Is this normal? (maybe because it's so small?) or is there something wrong with my bike?  Already checked the air filter, carb and fuel. Is there some way you guys think I could get any more out of it ;-). 

P.S the bike seems to be fine on the flat but as soon as I touch a hill it won't get fast again

thanks 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry mate but it is what it is! If it's a little hill (more a rise than a hill) then you might have a problem, but if your talking real proper type hill then the only way to go up faster is to tow it or buy a bigger bike. Sounds like I'm being sarky but honestly some things just reach their limit and then it's stick up with what you have or move on to something else.

• Like 3

I doubt it's been restricted, wouldn't want to try and reign all those horses in!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It's a yb1 50cc so pretty much a fs1 engine. I doubt Doing anything would make much difference but it might help

also, there's oil coming out where the exhaust goes into the engine and out of the exhaust. Someone suggested to me there's a gasket/seal which may need to be replaced? 

Take the exhaust off and replace any "gasket" that might have been there, then find out why there is oil coming out of the thing, usually cos the rings or barrel are worn BUT it might also be that you have a bunged up exhaust, carbon build up in the rear of the exhaust can restrict the air/gas flow you need to clean it out, folks on here will know what to use to get it out, can't remember what it was we used to use, seem to remember it was washing soda back in the day but not sure now tho. Someone help out here please!!!

This works but a bit extreme.

• Like 1