Henry Cole

mr bignal
This post is 2760 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

He's a boring fart,  I just wish someone would make a decent motorcycle program with someone even slightly interesting 

• Like 3

On 8/11/2016 at 8:20 PM, Tommy xs said:

He's a boring fart,  I just wish someone would make a decent motorcycle program with someone even slightly interesting 

Could be worse, they could have given the job to Jeremy Clarkson.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YPVSTony said:

Could be worse, they could have given the job to Jeremy Clarkson.

Clarky is pretty cool once you realise that it's mostly just an act, a TV persona.

He's also been spotted several times riding bikes around Chipping Campden near his home...

I saw one of those. When they ripped up a really tidy honda for that rebuild i lost interest.

No real bike fan would trash a complete bike like that for parts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cynic said:

I saw one of those. When they ripped up a really tidy honda for that rebuild i lost interest.

No real bike fan would trash a complete bike like that for parts.

yes i have to agree - i was rather taken aback at that. however the current series was good. he's such an enthusiast.

Clarkson couldn't give a shit being 'one of the elite'. Up his own arse!!!!! As for Henry Cole, at least he comes across as being 'Normal'. Although I'd like to have his money to buy a bike of my dreams - not for profit I add. just to ride. I might settle on a USU Quickly :) USU?

I had an NSU quickly once, awesome thing...chrome bore n all :D

ended up with the engine clamped in a vise in my outbuilding, I used to kick it over and lift the carb slide with a screwdriver and fill the place with a sweet smelling blue haze...happy days ahhh

• Like 4

I'm not a fan of Henry Cole, although he seems to be the best we've got. His monotone voice bores me to death and my wife (who is into bikes) says watching his programmes actually puts her off biking.

We need someone who is enthusiastic, informative and has a stand-out personality. Henry just doesn't keep us interested.

Clarkson is different - didn't like him until I met him at the Nurburgring when he first tested the S Type Jag there. We rode around the track when he was out on the public sessions and spoke to him in the car park between his filming sections. Because in those days he wasn't really internationally famous, almost nobody noticed him, except the Brits and he looked like a lost, lonely sheep when the crew weren't around around - but, talking to him, he was genuinely funny (didn't mind people taking the mock out of him), interesting and also confirmed he'd had bikes in his youth and didn't hate them as it appeared.

The funniest part was that he was sooooo slow in that Jag, we were passing and strafing him every time we saw the car - but likely he wasn't allowed to push it on the public sessions, only when they had the track closed for filming.

Don't think I'd want Clarkson to host a bike programme, BUT we need someone who doesn't come across as rooted in the Brit-Bike  / Chopper-Hipster scenes - just look at his Gladstone Motorcycles bikes - as Henry Cole does (he's the archetypal old-guy in a waxed cotton jacket) and that's coming from someone who's probably quite a bit older than him.

I thought it was just me that found Henry Cole as dull as dishwater. The Motorcycle Show is satisfactory tv at best, nothing more. He doesn't even seem to be a very good rider, he lacks confidence and doesn't seem to ride with any dynamism.

A wannabe old-fart obsessed with rubbish that vibrates more than it accelerates. There must be something better than this. Not fucking Steve Berry though...

• Like 5

Christ Pilninggas just say how you feel mate !! Image result for laughing emoticons

• Like 2

I think foggy would be good, we need a show with his custom bikes

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online