YAMAHA YZ250F 2017 Starter knob/idle screw

Siljo3
This post is 1614 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I bought Yamaha YZ250F 2017.

I have one question. I know that Starter knob/idle screw is for starting a cold bike, but when I put it back on original position and if I turn it clockwise, the motorbike stop running.In manual doesnt write anything about turning the knob, only to pull it out for cold machine and put it in again when is warm. 

And on knob is written "open" if you turn it anticlockwise. Can someone explain me what turning this button do? Can I have impact maybe on how much air runs into machine or something like that?

Thank you and best regards,

Matevz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:wavey: Hiya Matevz! I'm not at all familiar with your bike, but if it's a 2017 shouldn't it be under warranty? I'd have the guys at the service center check it and explain it. You're far more likely to get a response from folks here if you introduce yourself in the new member section. :)

The knob controls your idle.

Turning it clockwise lowers the idle, counter clockwise raises it.

That's why your bike died when you turned it clockwise. Standard idle should be around 2K rpm.

Do you have a GYTR power tuner? Along with allowing you to change your fuel & ignition mapping, it will also read temp, rpm, etc..

• 3 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online