Putting the feelers out.

Cynic
This post is 2637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Here it is, #122294281975

I just want to get it now to have a proper in the flesh look. I think I can have it all up and running in real good nick for under 600 all in. That's my aim anyhow.  A lot of bike for 600 quid. As I said didn't expect to win in the slightest, pure gut impulse bid. Shame its in Plymouth gulp....

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
5 minutes ago, Airhead said:

post a link mate, the number don't work?

!

+1 

the number doesn't work, but never mind, that seems like a stonking deal - bet your daughter will love it - just make sure you have it properly checked for de-restriction and get the gearing right - blatting along at 10,000 rpm and 40mph max is no fun.

• Like 1

Well done mate, your perseverance pays off. Aprillia also use the minarelli engine so it's almost a Yam...Your daughter will be delighted. My youngest turns 16 in 18 months time and I have been lazily  looking for a bike, but I know I'll need to ramp up my efforts in the next couple of months

• Like 1

122294281975 that's the number, just tried it in a google search and it took me straight in.

1 hour ago, Oldfjman said:

+1 

the number doesn't work, but never mind, that seems like a stonking deal - bet your daughter will love it - just make sure you have it properly checked for de-restriction and get the gearing right - blatting along at 10,000 rpm and 40mph max is no fun.

Been there my first 50 did 30mph. Not for long, growing up the son of a mechanic meant no fear of spanners, add the arrogance of teenagerdom and it wasn't long before it was doing near double that.

This is one, same colour too, even the graphics.

th?&id=OIP.M27707fd56e9d93f290fa0c49e305

• Like 2

Way cooler than my first moped in '75

image.jpeg

good find there and a bargain.

when it comes to sell, should get your money back.

Dad will have to test it first though ;)

Nice one mate, she should be well chuffed with that. Don't fall off when you "test" it tho :D

remember to take LOT'S of photos tho, something to look back at, I have none of any of my old bikes at all.

in leeds-bradford area, we have a page on facebook where people post bikes and quads for sale, some are cheap, some working, some not. you should check if you have something like this in your area... and for who want the page for leeds area, this is the link . I seen some DT`s and TDR`s for sale there

Well got it back, 478miles round trip in 10 hrs 10min, that included the buying and loading in Plymouth and 2 pee stops.

It looks good, obviously needs work, came with some spare calipers and the rh switchgear it needs. 29k miles and lacking tlc but its not rotten. In fact little rust. Just 15 years in the hands of teenagers. Maybe teens that don't like turning out in the salt.

It 'looks' like a good project and my guess at 200 quid to sort looks perfectly doable, haven't had it running yet so that is a bit of a ? but otherwise I don't feel ripped off. Esp as he paid 600 for it. He threw a hydraulic MX stand in for nowt too.

Don't worry will post pics up after I take some. May start a project thread. Hmmm?

• Like 3

If push comes to shove you can drop a known running short block in there and you have a running bike, everything else is multiplugs and tinkering. You still paid less than I did for my first DT50 so you're definitely onto a winner 

Defo put up some progress posts though, love to see these little bikes getting worked, so simple to work on. 

1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Well got it back, 478miles round trip in 10 hrs 10min, that included the buying and loading in Plymouth and 2 pee stops.

It looks good, obviously needs work, came with some spare calipers and the rh switchgear it needs. 29k miles and lacking tlc but its not rotten. In fact little rust. Just 15 years in the hands of teenagers. Maybe teens that don't like turning out in the salt.

It 'looks' like a good project and my guess at 200 quid to sort looks perfectly doable, haven't had it running yet so that is a bit of a ? but otherwise I don't feel ripped off. Esp as he paid 600 for it. He threw a hydraulic MX stand in for nowt too.

Don't worry will post pics up after I take some. May start a project thread. Hmmm?

I know it's a bit late now, but did you see that RX50 on Facebook? - it went for £300 and looked a good deal - I thought you wouldn't have missed it, unless you felt it was a bit dodgy (was it ?)

Nope. Didnt see that one. This end of the scale seems a total lottery.

Some go cheap like the forum member bagging a Dt for 50 quid.

A lot of the stuff down here in the pond scum gets bought by breakers. Who knows what they think.