Putting the feelers out.

Cynic
This post is 2658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Honestly I'd just pick up a Reiju 50 to do the job, after all you'll probably spend less than if you wanted a real DT, plus like you said you have the 125 top end to go on the DT once she turns 17. All you'd really do is spend a lot on a Yam DT50, scrap it about for a year and a bit then sell it, with the Reiju you can abuse it for a year and sell it to the next guy, just my thinking

I asked around between my friends and no one had one unfortunately, they don't even seem to show up on evilBay very often, oddly they seem to be rare, probably since so many people abused them back in the day 

2 hours ago, Variomatic said:

Honestly I'd just pick up a Reiju 50 to do the job, after all you'll probably spend less than if you wanted a real DT, plus like you said you have the 125 top end to go on the DT once she turns 17. All you'd really do is spend a lot on a Yam DT50, scrap it about for a year and a bit then sell it, with the Reiju you can abuse it for a year and sell it to the next guy, just my thinking

I asked around between my friends and no one had one unfortunately, they don't even seem to show up on evilBay very often, oddly they seem to be rare, probably since so many people abused them back in the day 

Yep, that's the idea.

Just missed a Reiju, got piped by seconds, I hit bid at 15 seconds to and somebody managed to bid twice in the same time?????? Kin snipers.

Currently sending an insulting offer to a guy with an RS 50 (Aprilia), not my fault he cant spell  Aprilia: 'apillia' :rolleyes: is it. :ssst:

If you're on Facebook try joining a few for sale groups, a lot of people (myself included) prefer it over ebay/Gumtree for selling things on cheap and quick without having to pay for listing fees. 

AAAAAAARRRRRGH, how the F can mint FULL POWER 125 bikes sell for 500 quid and are commonplace and a good 50 is either miles away, Plymouth or Warrington are 2 possible, same distances tbh. And more cash.

Steve those fb groups just look like links to ebay as far as it goes. Also your ugly mug appeared in a couple. brrrrgh.

Another "thumbs up" for the Rieju - we got our youngest a Rieju RS 50 Matrix Pro for his 16th birthday in 2010. He was 6ft tall and had no problems on it. It ran flawlessly and, the quality of its parts is on a par with anything else out there (we also had it de-restricted properly and put on a bigger gearbox sprocket and smaller rear sprocket - it was dangerously slow on open roads when restricted, and he wanted to get out and do some "real riding", not just town centre GP's - once restricted etc it bobbed along comfortably at 60mph plus, according to my Garmin GPS). Once he passed his test, it was relegated to occasional use just to keep it in running order. Then 2 years ago, we sold it to one of his friends (£1,100) and this guy has ridden it, without cleaning it and has abused it totally for over 10k miles and it's still been reliable and held up.

My only worry buying any 50 is that they'll all have ridden by clueless kids and thrashed to an inch of their lives -  So you could be buying a hand grenade, no matter how careful you are. 

We tried to push him towards the SX version, but as he'd had off road bikes since he was 6, he wanted something road-racy

2vd5vsz.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately i dont have the cash to buy past the handgrenades. 

Just have to use some old skool guesswork and gut feel to try and limit the risk. Buying at the other end of the scale means most of the bad ones are gone too.

Still gitted at losing the rieju. The page said i was the highest bidder then straight to 'you didn't win the item'. Thought i read it wrong first time. 400quid for an smx pro. Would have done lovely.

• Like 1

Peugeot XR6 is worth a look, or the Motorhispania RX50 (same bike different badge). 

Both mineralli engines, I had one not long ago that I flipped, can pick them up cheap

Must be a proper mc. She is adamant its not going to be a scooter.

"Thats a girls bike." Ha! Her words.

Proud :D

• Like 1

I'm sure that Peugeot is a "proper" bike, not a scooter type. The Minarelli engine is the same basic unit as in the Rieju and the Aprilia 50 and in the Derbi, etc etc - reliable, tuneable and easy/plentiful parts availability.

Best of luck with your search.

More and more options open up, tis a proper bike. Just hard to track em down. They seem to hold their new value for a bit then once they are 5 or 6 years old their gone. Cheap is 900 quid. Well that's what the chancers seem to be after and long may they wait.

Can confirm the pug/mh are 'real bikes', similar in appearance to the Aprilia RS50. 

Nice enough bikes, easy enough to work on, parts are cheap and plentiful. 

I paid £50 for a rolling Motorhispania with 204 kilometers on the clock, never even had an MOT in its life. Top end was gone when it went into a dealer and they ended up cutting their losses. I flipped it as it was due to space limitations. 

If I come across anything I'll drop you a message. 

Cheers Steve.

Have got 6mths but that seems to go awful fast these days.

I wonder. 2 of my mates lasted less than 6mths b4 they went back in.

You either grow with it or against it, and I never want to see another f*c king helicopter as long as I live

I link to ebay on most of those groups as it keeps the wankers away "hi m8 Wud u swop 4 an iPhone?" or "Wud u take £20 for it delivered?". 

3 hours ago, wild foamy said:

You either grow with it or against it, and I never want to see another f*c king helicopter as long as I live

But once I save up enough to buy Airwolf, who will I then go to for maintenance??!! :(

Is Reading too far to come for a sale? I know of a few small-engined bikes that will likely be coming up for sale once the weather rises a bit above -2ºC... and at least one VanVan that will be for sale after the current owner stops flunking her damn test!

I have a trailer and a tow hitch so distance is unimportant. To a point.

At the minute im trying to cash in on the post christmas, " shit i spent how much".

Well bugger me.

Put one of those cheeky start bids on a Aprilia RX50, spares or repair, runner, needs work but all there. Auction started at £400, I had bid and missed the reiju for that so figured what the hell. It spoke to me, stuck the flat bid on fully expecting it to go up. It didn't.

So I now have a Aprilia RX50 needing mild restoration, as far as I can tell that amounts to a mega clean and service. Picking it up Saturday.

Hope my instincts were good.:unsure:

• Like 2