SMIDSY with lorry

Malleus
This post is 2812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This has been posted before and debated at length.

https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/42517-ducati-goes-squish/#comment-269334

• Like 2

:eek2: 

Good grief! I obviously don't know what to make of it since I don't understand your traffic regs at all... That truck shouldn't have been that side of the road right? Was he making a wide turn?! 

• Like 1

Actually had a similar thing happen just yesterday, but it was with a sedan. The truck driver had his window down and slowed down round the corner and also hollered at the guy to back up (lucky no one was behind the car and he could). That being said, because the truck was turning left (in the states), the car was on the same side as the truck driver's window... so not in a blind spot.

4 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Yeh ,you got it sash ",,, he"s , a  ====:ct:

Nah, its an error.

That truck did at that corner what I do countless times a day, admittedly without squashing a Ducati.  In the Black Country and Birmingham the drivers of cars and bikes are beyond stupid. I have narrowly missed people driving into my blind spots during manoeuvres which I have no choice but to perform to get the truck into the delivery points. I was even stuck on a mini roundabout due to a driver undercutting me, giving me no room to move forward, (unless I drove over his car with the trailer) with, due to traffic no room to reverse. Took a bobby to make the traffic move far enough for me to get off the roundabout.

As I have already said the driver was in error, but, there is argument that the motorcyclist didn't take the proper actions either. He wasn't nailed to the floor, moving 2 feet  would have saved his bike.

I am also a little disappointed that a forum of people who are part of a severely persecuted part of the driving population are so quick to jump up with the pitchforks against another equally persecuted group. Unless you have driven a LGV on the streets of any major uk city you cannot objectively comment.

• Like 4

...I am also a little disappointed that a forum of people who are part of a severely persecuted part of the driving population are so quick to jump up with the pitchforks against another equally persecuted group. Unless you have driven a LGV on the streets of any major uk city you cannot objectively comment.

I can totally sympathize with truck drivers... I drove a long bed 4-wheel drive crew cab truck once... Once was all it took. No thanks! And that's not even a big rig. So I know they're not nearly as maneuverable as my little sedan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cynic said:

Unless you have driven a LGV on the streets of any major uk city you cannot objectively comment.

Welcome to my world. Unless you have driven Blues and Twos on the streets of any major UK city you cannot objectively comment.

• Like 2

Yeah, Jimmy and I both know what a bunch of fools other drivers can be when you turn on the blue lights and the siren their brains turn to mush.

5 hours ago, jimmy said:

Welcome to my world. Unless you have driven Blues and Twos on the streets of any major UK city you cannot objectively comment.

Huh, I'm not commenting on your world, I'm commenting on mine.

19 hours ago, Cynic said:

This has been posted before and debated at length.

https://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/42517-ducati-goes-squish/#comment-269334

Damn. Thought it was new. Sure video wa's only uploaded a week ago... maybe it was a year and a week ago

14 hours ago, Cynic said:

As I have already said the driver was in error, but, there is argument that the motorcyclist didn't take the proper actions either. He wasn't nailed to the floor, moving 2 feet  would have saved his bike.

I am also a little disappointed that a forum of people who are part of a severely persecuted part of the driving population are so quick to jump up with the pitchforks against another equally persecuted group. Unless you have driven a LGV on the streets of any major uk city you cannot objectively comment.

What annoys me is the roads. They aren't fit for purpose. There are so many buses and large vehicles now in London they just can't cope. Half the time traffic is held up as two large vehicles simply can't pass each other. (As in when occupying separate lanes) 

And yes. My first thought was move! Don't even think about it just get out the way. Wasn't exactly moving very fast. And my second thought was poor bike...haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cynic said:

Huh, I'm not commenting on your world, I'm commenting on mine.

I know you were bud, I was agreeing with you and just putting a different slant on it

• Like 1

Sorry, just a sore spot.

I spend every day driving defensively to prevent the op happening to me. I freely admit I have uttered the words 'fk me that was close' often enough.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online