Introducing myself.

This post is 2814 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Was told to come here and say hello.

I'm Owen, 17, Just purchased my first Motorbike. I've got a Yamaha YBR 125 Custom.
I live far far out in the mountains with barren roads and needed a ride to University because student accommodation is too pricey!!

And also went for motorbike over car because... let's face it. Which 17 year old male can afford a car, insurance, MOT, road tax and all the extras without having their parents chip in. I refuse to relay on anyone else especially when it comes to money.
On the more positive side I have a 60 mile there and back trip to make 4 days a week into the city on gentle country roads with minimal traffic. It would be a waste not to enjoy myself during all those hours i'll be driving it (:

Why do you guys ride? what are the roads like where you live?  

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi again Owen, a warn welcome to the YOC mate :D 

Hi again - Welcome - Mostly you will find me on a MT-09 driving through rush hour traffic. Not very pleasant - actually a guy almost killed me twice in about 3 seconds yesterday - will post the video if I have time to edit it.

EDIT: I made a gif haha - B4sWM6t.gif

Hello Owen 

Welcome mate.

Dunno what speed you were travelling at but you being a young pup I guess you still have a few things to learn :

When doing this look 5 cars ahead - even look which way their wheels are pointing.

Your second overtaking attempt wasn't smart with oncoming traffic.

Never argue with cagers - just ignore and carry on.  (ok giving them the birdie will suffice)

Cheers!

I rest my case :-)

• Like 1

Case nbr 2 : if you do decide to call a cager a wanker make sure he doesn't pull up next to you at the next junction

• Like 1

(This is not Owen?) but yea - I am always watching car wheels, if you see here though he literally starts moving as he turns. Second time I was not trying to overtake (but yea stupid with oncoming traffic) I was just trying to talk to the idiot - did not expect him to decide he was going out along wrong side of the road. And.. I did not argue with him I said - "You pulled out in front of me" - he said "Sorry mate I didn't see you" - (Literally!) and I said - "You didn't look." that was it..

6 minutes ago, Malleus said:

did not expect him to decide he was going out along wrong side of the road

Hah :-) I see now that was your post/vid ....... old age kicking in.

Expect the unexpected !!

Here endeth tha lesson :P

• Like 2

I don't understand what led up to the fight in that second vid, but geezus, really?! 

Anyhow, welcome aboard Owen! :wavey: Sounds like you've some lovely roads to travel. Only thing I dislike around here is when they've torn up the roads for resurfacing and such.  My bike makes even the most trivial errand more fun. :) got to throw on my pillion seat last night and take my sister for a beer and a bite. Was lovely. :thumb: 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online