Yamaha R1 Misfire Issue

YAMR1KRIS
This post is 2820 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My R1 (2000 5JJ) as recently developed a fault causing a misfire at low Revs. When I have had it MOT'd it was Serviced, Oil filter and Plugs since then its been fine. But today took my bike for a quick spin and it feels like its misifring. up to about 4-5k if on main roads it runs like a dream just seems to do it round town.

I have taken the tank off and the HT leads feel firmly in place, but I had noticed some petrol coming out the overflow by the side stand. I am good at fixing things just not at diagonising issues. Has anyone got any ideas as too what could be the issue.

Thanks in Advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

l have a 99 R1, ive noticed they dont like low oct fuel or old plugs. 

Also, just because spark plugs are new dosent mean they are good, swap them out for another new set. and yes, i know what a PITA its is :)

For what its worth the best thing i did to my R1 was fit a ''lvans jet kit'' and use his tuning specs i now have  better idle, more torque lower down and the front wheel isnt quite so airbourne. l do not think it makes more power, but it most certainly makes the power you have more useable. Also the engine smells better after its been hammered, just a nice hot oil smell, before the was a hint of burnt in the smell.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online