Bent forks

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 2823 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

While looking for replacement forks for my SR, I came across a company who straighten forks. Not sure if this would be safe? Anybody have any experience of this - on a strict budget but I don't want to take a silly risk for the sake of eating beans on toast for a month!

493e09bc672ed22d58a7aa3547846070.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seen those ads Tommy, but really mate are you that desperate to keep them? plus they have to be replated when your done, that's £100 plus so anything you save goes on the rechroming. My advice for what it's worth buy a used pair that have good solid chrome and bin those old ones.

• Like 2

Considering a good second hand set is only £70 posted it would be a waste of time.

I doubt they will fix em for £70. If they were mint forks off of something rare, but no disrespect to the old SR but.. Not to mention the monster sitting on your shoulder, what happens if I really stress them again will they just bend or fold completely.

• Like 2