Just want to say thanks!

sarandro
This post is 2822 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone,

I want to  thank everyone who helped me with my mystery Virago 125 starting problem.

After replacing the gasket on the generator cover, I had inadvertently caught two of the five wires connecting the

stator wires to the CDI wires, I had mashed them without realising...I won't do that again in a hurry.

Went out to test her today and she started first time and went like a dream.

This was after:

new reg/rec, fuel pump, CDI, wiring replacement, new oil, spark plugs, all fuses and a new headlight bulb!!!

I've learnt a lot just by doing all this stuff and following all your good advice.

Ride free!!!

Sarah

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congrats,

:question: hang on? What was it I said about it being something simple...:P

• Like 3

Hi Cynic.....

Not simple to at the beginning as we all tried to find out why no spark...

She definitely needed all the new bits etc which we did last week (I'm not that daft that I would buy a lot of new stuff I didn't need)

All good, she started......Husband went away !!! Only needed new gasket and new oil...good to go

Then I put the gasket on myself and made a rookie mistake...caught some wires in the casing, husband found the mistake and fixed it

Simple mistake at the end but learnt a lot.. bike running sweet, happy times.

Sarah

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sarandro said:

Hi Cynic.....

Not simple to at the beginning as we all tried to find out why no spark...

She definitely needed all the new bits etc which we did last week (I'm not that daft that I would buy a lot of new stuff I didn't need)

All good, she started......Husband went away !!! Only needed new gasket and new oil...good to go

Then I put the gasket on myself and made a rookie mistake...caught some wires in the casing, husband found the mistake and fixed it

Simple mistake at the end but learnt a lot.. bike running sweet, happy times.

Sarah

Believe me I'm in no position to judge, Blackhat will tell you till your ears bleed about me running out of 2 stroke oil due to a blown bulb.

Or spending hours trying to find out why my tdr wouldn't spark, was just a plug in the end but common coil, pluglead feed so when I wasn't getting spark on the rhs cyl, (easiest one to get to)  It didn't occur to me till after checking everything again. By now bike was in bits across the garage. The problem was one of the new plugs was bad, but I assumed new plugs must be good. What did me was one of the OLD plugs had gone bad too. So I had a problem and changing to new plugs left the same problem.

Got some grey hairs from that one.

The most important part is we all leaned a little more, and you fixed your own bike :thumb: are you going to the squires meet in September? its not that far from you and its the biggest gathering of members in the flesh all year. About 8 lol.

• Like 3

Hi Cynic and Tommy xs,

Yes, I feel good being able to at least attempt to sort things and  my husband is a good teacher, a lot of patience!

Felt really frustrated though about not knowing what I don't know.

I know I don't like electrics now!!!!

Never been to Squires, tell me a bit more, I would be great to meet everyone!

Sarah

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online