Backpack's, Recommendations?

martynball
This post is 2829 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sized and good quality backpack? Current one i'm using is breaking and just a random cheap one. 

I like these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-Aqua-B25-Motorcycle-Motorbike-All-Weather-Back-Pack-25-Litre-Black-Grey-/141881401308?hash=item2108ca5fdc:g:wTgAAOSwqYBWnjOG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OGIO-BANDIT-BLACK-LAPTOP-CAMERA-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-RUCKSACK-BACKPACK-BAG-/222138308196?hash=item33b8799664:g:8xYAAOSwQPlV71RJ

I really like the Oxford one but I want other peoples opinions, they are a well known brand. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aldi had some the other month.

you are better with soft panniers and a tank bag.

If your stuck on getting a backpack, get a cheap one from Clas Ohlsen

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/view/content/search?N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=backpack&Nty=1&D=backpack&Ntx=mode+matchpartial&Dx=mode+matchpartial&showTabs=true

Depends what you want in it. I have a Oxford Humppack that's got to be 10years old, big enough for lunchbox and some general bits and bobs. It looks its age but for work its perfect.

I've got the Oxford B25 (in black) and I'm very pleased with it. The only slight downside is that the top opening is slightly narrower than the main body of the bag. Doesn't stop things like laptops going in but occasionally annoys when carrying something larger. Totally waterproof and great strap options (you can easily remove the waist strap if preferred, I did).

Diving in from the top does give you a bit of the Mary Poppins effect though...

I"v  the Kriega .  waterproof- it fastens like 4 point harness,[ zip & Velcro , ] handy pocket on the fastner [ zipped]  keep some cash in there, and you don't have to unfasten to get to wallet,[ fuel stations etc,]  

Depends entirely on how much you want to carry.

I use a Predator TECMAC 50 from Karrimor, which has 50 litres plus side zips for PLCE packs (extra 30 litres) and PALS webbing to add a load of MOLLE pouches on the back and sides.
However, the whole thing compresses down real small for when I'm not doing a weekly food shop!
Good enough for the Army, good enough for me.

There's a school of thought suggesting that you shouldn't wear a rucksack of any kind, even ones designed for bikers, as you will mash your spine to pieces in the event of an accident... I've never really had such concerns and it's usually the most convenient luggage solution for life on a bike, as far as my needs go.

Your call.

I have a 50litre topbox but prefer to carry a bag most of the time. Like taskmaster, mostly using military surplus as it is generally waterproof, strong and compresses nicely when not in use.

Both times I have crashed I have been wearing a backpack. The second time I highsided and literally landed on my backpack - if anything I think it helped - though may be a different story if I was carrying glass bottles etc.

• Like 1

As long as you're not carrying anything sharp, hard or bulky then I think you're alright with a rucksack. I had 2 offs wearing one and I was fine both times

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online