dt125 running worse after new top end

This post is 2801 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

38 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Sounds like something interfering with the choke. 

Try giving the bike 4 or 5 kicks with the ig off before starting the bike.

Does it have a vacume fuel tap?

Hasn't got a kick start. Not sure about a vacuum fuel tap. I've just let the bike warm up and gave it a couple of revs. I can hear a fizzle sound when I rev it. It gets more noticeable the higher you rev it. I've tried going around the head, base, carb, intake, exhaust with a propane torch but I can't find a leak anywhere. I can say for a fact that the fizzle sound was not there before the rebuild.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fizzle!

Ok. Were into technical terms then.

Wd 40 may help. If you spray it at suspect areas it may stop the 'fizzle' or highlight its position more than the propane.

I assume you were using the gas to see if the revs pick up by burning the gas that gets in?

52 minutes ago, Cynic said:

I assume you were using the gas to see if the revs pick up by burning the gas that gets in?

That was the idea yeah.

I've just gone for ride since turning the powervalve the correct way up and it's so much better (it would be wouldn't it lol). I would say more power than before the rebuild. The popping seems to have gone but the starting issue is still there. Now I'm questioning if there is a leak, surely if there was it wouldn't run really well and there would be some other issues. I can't think what that sound may be though, definitely wasn't there before. I'll try wd40 though.

I was riding the bike again today and the starting issue is still there. The bike runs good but I can definitely hear a whistle or whine when I rev it up. I've tried the wd40 and still can't find anything though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online