DT 125/175 MX Exhaust

DJYAM
This post is 2809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I have just finished restoring my DT125MX and it looked lovely. Rode lovely.

Yesterday I started it and noticed that it was much louder, sounded like the exhaust blowing. I unwrapped the exhaust tape to unveil a gaping crack round the exhaust where it drops and bends out of the engine. 

I have been looking for exhausts online and have seen a few. Front ends!

Is the 125 the same as the 175? Or is someone looking to get rid of one? Or know who is?

Cheers. Dan. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hahahhahh, you have discovered the physical definition of 'rare as rocking horse shit'.

They come up but rarely and at gold plated prices, there are pattern ones on e.bay but they have a layout more typical of the later 125lc instead of the long thin expansion chamber of the original. they also , disturbingly seem to be chromed. Why a dirt bike would want a chrome pipe beats me but its a good finish to sand and paint I suppose.

It may, if its an original pipe be worth getting it repaired by a decent metalworker.

Oh and the 125 is identical to the 175 as far as exhausts go. So long as its an MX. The earlier ones don't fit.

Haha! I think I have, haven't I! 

I assume these are just prone to rusting and breaking in these places, due to it being a U bend and the shaking stress. 

Wow, that looks to be solid. I found one for 300£ yesterday but wanted to ask in case I was about to pay way too much. 

Hmm, 175 any more findable? I suppose not if there the same.

Thanks guys

IMG-20160717-WA0004.jpgI did consider taking it to a welder, I thought by the time they had done, it may cost as much as buying one. The crack goes all the way round the tube.

Maybe I should buy one for now, as I shouldn't ride it like that. And see if someone could repair it for a spare or to sell. 

Sorry for so many messages. 

I have found an exhaust that has the 2A6 code instead of 2A8. Says it's from a 125 or 175 mx. Is this the same exhaust? Not sure what the number means.

Mine has 'YAMAHA 2A8-14610'

This one has '2A6-14610'

No YAMAHA print. Looks genuine though. (old and dented/used)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online