Exhaust too loud?

Pri5tar
This post is 2832 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. So I live in the UK and I have fitted an exhaust system. I'm concerned its too loud and might get pulled. can someone shed some light on how police deal with this sort of scenario? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you go down your local high street in second gear with the throttle pinned to the stop they will be "having words". BUT if your sensible and just use the bike carefully ie third or fourth gear and low revs it should be no problem. My FJ has straight through pipes and it's loud but I just bimble through the town in a higher gear than usual. If all else fails buy a silencer kit for your pipes, the folks who make them usually make an inner baffle that you can use to bring the noise down to a bearable level.

Something like this perhaps? 442-828_A.jpg

Like slice says, ride like a bellend and you'll attract attention, regardless of how loud your bike is lol. I had some very anti social pipes on my bike and never had any issues.

Just be sensible!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cheers for the reply guys. Its absolutely savage. My neighbour heard me 40 seconds before I got home. I've put the baffles back in and will test tomorrow. Possibly could leave one in see if that makes all the difference

Sounds like a good zorst to me!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Love my loud pipes and never had an issue. When my yougest visits I can hear his pipes several minutes before he arrives and he has never been pulled.

• Like 1

Loud pipes save lives

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Cheers for the reply guys. Its absolutely savage. My neighbour heard me 40 seconds before I got home. I've put the baffles back in and will test tomorrow. Possibly could leave one in see if that makes all the difference

Only 1 baffle won't give you the same back pressure for all cylinders which will make one side work harder than the other, given that it is a 4cyl bike.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk