Another oldie newbie

This post is 2761 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I'm Robin,57 years old and live in sunny sussex .. I have a mint dragstar 125 (1600 miles) and have just finished building another dragstar as a bobber,bike was an abused non-runner with rusted frame and was a bit of a challenge all told.Recently rebuilt and sold a virago 125 (just a little too small for me) and have also built a custom honda shadow 125 over the winter(dont suppose I should mention that!)...background in mechanics,classic and custom cars but now drive a van for a living..always wanted to see if I could ride a bike so did my cbt last year  and trying to get as much riding in as possible now(when its sunny that is!),in truth I prefer tinkering really.Will try and get some pics up later.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:wavey: welcome!

Greetings rob, I got some good news for you, if you were only 3 when the first Beatles single was released and 4 when the Stones released their 1st single you are officially not an oldie yet :lol:

• Like 1

Hi Robin welcome to the YOC, yep as Meat say's your NOT old enough yet !!! Now if we're talking "Screaming Lord Sutch":lol:

7 hours ago, slice said:

Now if we're talking "Screaming Lord Sutch":lol:

Now there was a live gig worth seeing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robin, I'm Alan and I live in Glasgow now (last 4 years). Prior to that I lived in Worthing for 20 years and still fly down to see friends every so often. I don't have a mint 125 but she runs well and I'm taking my time getting to know the bike and planning what needs to be done to keep her in good nick. Just wanted to tell you that you are certainly not an oldie. I'm 64, passed my test  48 years ago and still feel a newbie every day. As for the Stones, I agree but I'm an old fart. Biking helps keep me young. Hope it does the same for you. Maybe see you in sunny Sussex some time. Best wishes and good luck.

Opps...now own a 3rd Dragstar..wasnt expecting to win it,engine needs a top end refresh and side stand snapped off...pretty clean bike thats had a fair bit of money spent on it,still got 11months mot too...just as well I like to keep busy!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On September 23, 2016 at 7:17 AM, antharris28 said:

Sorry what do you mean by a bar section.im new with all this stuff

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Bar is a different section on this forum site (if you haven't found it and posted there already). :thumb: 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online