R125 YZF - Space to attach a phone case!?

martynball
This post is 2804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, I need to attach a phone case on my bike, as I need the satnav and, well I want to. However there is no room AT ALL on the handle bars for anything... Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I have purchased this, but the clip is too large!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-WaterProof-Bicycle-MotorBike-Bike-Handle-Bar-Case-Holder-For-Cell-Phones-/322011016701?var=&hash=item4af95a2dfd:m:mmtv_UD9lFwZ8sJE9hjGs3g

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look at RAM mounts, they do several options that should work for you

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I saw this a while back and thought "that looks good", so I made my own, took an hour with a hack saw and grinder but you could just buy one of these if you would rather save the time, just bolts onto the wing mirror mount on the bars, easy and really works, mine holds the SAT NAV.  Also means you don't have to try and squeeze it between the grips and the mounts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301739810480?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That is a good idea, not too sure how well it would work on a YZF R125 though, as I would want my phone mounted behind the window, not out to the side. See the image, would have to attach it from the front, as the bolts behind are under a panel. 

Snapchat-7904721221216510432.jpg

RAM do ones that fit to your steering head stem and brake/clutch lever mounts. Have a look on Amazon

I bought a magnetic one for the tank. Works fine, have put a longer cord on it just in case the magnets fail.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151835923803

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good idea, just found a website with a good range of choices, these two seem a good option, which would you guys advice? 

http://www.rammount.com/activity/motorcycle-bases#reservoircover-base

http://www.rammount.com/activity/motorcycle-bases#bolthead-adapter

I was thinking the bolt one, as could put it on the bolt circled in the image below, but not sure how secure that would be, would the reservoir cover be a safer bet? 

KxA4hrm.jpg

Buy the one Finnerz said, that way it's right in the middle and easy to see. Anything bolted to plastic will be wobbly, look at the "fork stem base".

I wouldn't like the reservoir one, not guaranteed you'll get a good seal.

I'd go for the fork stem one or brake /clutch lever bracket

That will work, as long as your stem bolt has a hole in the middle lol

• Like 1

As mentioned first I would guess the easiest and safest option would just be a universal RAM mount attached to the yoke.. part of me is wondering why you would mount a phone to sport bike - I mean there is a reason you are finding it difficult and Yam don't make any official phone holding accessories for it. (But then I am also really confused by sporty 125's being ridden off the track anyway! so each to their own I guess - good luck)

3 hours ago, Malleus said:

As mentioned first I would guess the easiest and safest option would just be a universal RAM mount attached to the yoke.. part of me is wondering why you would mount a phone to sport bike - I mean there is a reason you are finding it difficult and Yam don't make any official phone holding accessories for it. (But then I am also really confused by sporty 125's being ridden off the track anyway! so each to their own I guess - good luck)

Yeah okay, sounds the best option. And need to mount my phone so I can use it as a satnav, it's my transport, I don't go racing around on it, just had it because it was highly recommended and looked the part haha. But yeah, I need a satnav to get around sometimes as my directions are crap, and i'm crap at listening to them, need to see it. 

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:47 PM, martynball said:

Yeah okay, sounds the best option. And need to mount my phone so I can use it as a satnav, it's my transport, I don't go racing around on it, just had it because it was highly recommended and looked the part haha. But yeah, I need a satnav to get around sometimes as my directions are crap, and i'm crap at listening to them, need to see it. 

Be careful - as the satnav wont be in your line of sight you will have to look down to see it unlike in a car. I agree, travelling with sound prompts alone can be a pain. I used to have my phone in the clear part of tank bag (which is much worse than mounted on the yoke) gave up as between having to look down, running out of battery, and not being able to see anything due to sun it became pointless. If I am travelling unknown routes I generally look at the route first then use audio directions. If needed I just pull over to check route.

And hey - sometimes getting lost is part of the fun right?

• Like 1

On 21/07/2016 at 0:22 PM, Malleus said:

Be careful - as the satnav wont be in your line of sight you will have to look down to see it unlike in a car. I agree, travelling with sound prompts alone can be a pain. I used to have my phone in the clear part of tank bag (which is much worse than mounted on the yoke) gave up as between having to look down, running out of battery, and not being able to see anything due to sun it became pointless. If I am travelling unknown routes I generally look at the route first then use audio directions. If needed I just pull over to check route.

And hey - sometimes getting lost is part of the fun right?

Very true, I would likely just check it when stopping at lights etc to jog my memory. Might be easier to just get a bluetooth kit for my helmet tbh. 

And yeah very true, but usually with my luck my battery is dead when I get lost haha. 

• Like 1

the brake/clutch would be good, how strong is the magnetic one? Is it going to pop off if I hit a speed hump too hard or something like that? 

Hi martynball

Mine sticks well at 70, not tried taking speed bumps that quick though! Plenty of potholes and uneven carriageways round here though. I always use the tether 'just in case' but not actually needed it yet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online