Yamaha R1 Headlight Issues

YAMR1KRIS
This post is 2796 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hoping someone can help me, I have had my R1 (2000 5JJ) for many years and recently decided to get it back on the road. Unknown to me when I bought it, that it was an import, meaning the headlights dip the worng way. How it passed previous MOTs I dont know.

Before I go a source a 2nd hand pair is it possible for them to dip the correct way, if not and I have to buy a 2nd hand pair how can i tell by looking at them that they are UK headlights.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sure they dip right.

I have had 2 imports ( not r1s ) and they dipped high low straight ahead.

Yup, both my bikes imported from Holland (650/250) and now the 1200 from Belgium, prior to mot just tape off the right pointing prism.

• 3 weeks later...

When we replaced the head bulbs of my buddies R1 with HID we are also surprise to know that the headlights are in an angle position, we tried adjusting it, but with no luck so the owner decided to install Recon projector kit instead and it was done with great success.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online