Had my new 05' R6 for 12 days now and.....

JohnR6
This post is 6540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....the Heel plates are scratched already! :angry:

I think it's from all the dirt sticking to the inside of my boots while riding in the wet and then it get's scrubbed and scratched onto the heel plates while changing gear and applying the rear brake! :angry:

Is their any way in getting the scatches out? Bit of T-Cut polish, will that do? I know I can't wrap my bike in cotton wool but you have to try! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You gotta be careful with T Cut, it could strip it. Try polishing with a bit of WD40, but make sure you dry it off. Then try Turtle Wax.

I'll try that, thanks for the advice mate. :)

A word of advice to everyone on the forum. NEVER EVER USE T CUT. It contains a chemical called ammonium which is alkaline and therefore corrodes the paint work on whatever you put it on. If you need to polish your bike use Farhekler G3 cutting compound and then a good quality wax.

Just to let you know every polish and cutting compund is ever so slightly abrasive the equivalent of between 3000 and 10000 grit sand paper. So they actually take the laquer away and if you polish your bike each weekend you will soon get through to the paint.

Regards