Rounded Oil Plug

Grouch
This post is 2577 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just an update guys. I finally managed to get it off. After buying one of those multi size sockets with all the pins in that adjusts to the size of the nut and failing miserably I bought some of those sockets specifically for getting rounded bolts off. Inside they are spiralled similar to the rifling of a gun barrel.I got one that was just too small to fit on and then gently tapped it on with a hammer and it come straight off. Thanks for all the help, I got there in the end.

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice one Grouch, your learning and doing.

that's what this forum is all about

I've come on leaps and bounds. I do all of my own basic maintenance now. At one point I couldn't even change my brake pads. A lot of it was having the confidence and of course advice from you guys has helped me a lot. It might take me a bit longer than a mechanic but it gives me something to do. I think my next task is going to be to fit some braided braided brake hoses now the weather is perking up. 

• Like 3