MT-125 stolen :(

AndrewP
This post is 2811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys,

Unfortunately as of today, my bike has gone missing. It is a grey 2016 MT-125, taken from SW17 in London. I am not sure if I should provide more information, or what information to provide, just figured I should post this in here. Local authorities have been informed, but as you would already know if it has already happened to you they kind of not even bother with it.

Pic of the bike below. Nothing too special about it other than the Yamaha Engine Protectors. 

0.02.01.de4411194f59a46f6cd6e525b6c66f8e14ae04f979afdebd116bada5e3ebae8f_full.0.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Scum , wil be in container by now,,  on way to Eu*******,    yeh that place, <_<

Tough call. Might be worth having a chat with the local (non-dealer) bike and repair shops. Odds are this will have turned up somewhere nearby with a request for a new lock barrel as 'someone' had tried to steal it...

• Like 2

Oh bad luck Andrew, what a pisser mate. insurance will take an age to pay out, as usual. Was it on the street or inside when they got it? Your next bike needs a tracker fitted and every sticker you can find to say it's got one, won't put off the "steal to order" mob but will discourage the random scum fucker. Don't bother looking for it just move on and hope the thief dies badly.

• Like 2

It is shit, I think you need some extra security with these bikes, as they are expensive for 125's, but still light and fairly easy to steal. If it was not nailed down - all it takes it a couple guys to come along, pick it up and chuck it in a van. Hopefully insurance aren't too shit and you get it sorted and back on the road ASAP.

It had a disk lock on, although whenever there was quite a lot of humidity it would not go off if tampered with. 

I never found the disk lock, so i suppose they either manually wheelied it out of here or whatever. I would have put an anchor, although I had to wait for my landlord to come and tidy up his jungle of a garden...

Yea I don't think i'll see the bike any time soon, the cops did state there are cctv's around here, although the only one that would be "close" would be out of the station. Like, no chance whatsoever.

On another note, the insurance is offering cash or a replacement bicycle. Now, given this was my first naked, and after driving for almost 15 years on a DT-200 and then an Gilera Nexus, I felt like a total muppet trying to filter in tight spots. Was thinking of getting the WRX125 instead. Would the insurance be adamant on a like-for-like replacement?

I think they'll offer you either cash to buy what, or buy you the same bike of similar age/condition to what was stolen. Personally I would get the cash and pick the bike myself so I know what I'm getting and happy with it.

If the cash value is the same as the replacement bike value (worth checking), take the cash and decide what you want then. Definitely worth getting a ground anchor though!

Sorry to hear about the theft buddy but thankfully theinsurance aint being total twats by taking their time sorting you out! i'd take the cash they give you and buy the bike you want, Only because that you bike "was" brand new..........now you have ridden it off the dealership forecourt it is now second hand and has dropped a fair few £££ and they may try the old "book price" payout

I recon that all bike manufactures should convert the fork stansions to hold a 12 gauge slug in them and unless the owners keys are in the lock as soon as these bastards try to move the bars.........................BOOM!!!!!!!!!! problem solved, no inquest, no trial, just straight cut justice.

• Like 2

You, I like you.

I was thinking of stepping my game up and instead of another 125, going for something like an XT660X, a Ducatti Hypermotard or similar. Even though I like the street-fighter style of a naked bike, my upper back/shoulders state otherwise.

If anyone has an extended experience with some of these bikes, pm me with your recommendation on what would be best for a commute/~200 mile travel radius supermoto. Don't want to veer off course of the actual thread.

Can't give you a comparison but I took a Hypermotard out for a test run at a Ducati day. Absolutely bonkers bike, insane fun but for a 200 mile trip, not a chance! Brutal acceleration, very vibey and no wind protection at all! :blink:

Too late, thread is veered! :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online