Mystery problem with '85 DT125LC

MrMetthew
This post is 2629 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On 08/02/2017 at 1:38 PM, hug said:

Have tried a plug. New cap, cut the ht lead back a centmetre before fitting the cap. Yesterday had another go. Ran terribly so decided to use a colour tune in order to have a look at the combustion colour and she cleared out and ran good with the colour tune attached. So  thanks for the heads up with the plug as it has been a while since i put a new plug in and it is possible that she is running in such a way that the plugs are getting eaten. The colour tune was quite difficult to read but i would say that she is erring on the lean side rather than the rich. Gonna lift the needle ,fit a new plug and see what occurs. Thanks for the advice Airhead.

Ok . I tried the new plug and lifted the needle....No dice. A real head scratcher. What i have noticed is that, when i have pulled the carb, the slide and venturi are wet . Maybe the fuel isnt atomising correctly?? Also i ran her on a remote resevoir with an inline see through filter  and i noticed that the fuel was going down rather rapidly in the filter. Maybe more quickly than i would expect a 125cc bike to drink it. But i am not sure about this. She is not flooding and has a new float needle with the float height set up correctly. I shall persevere and look at the exhaust and another look at reed valve. Its like she's not breathing right unless it's ignition based which must be the cdi as i have replaced pulse coil and ignition coil. I really don't want to fork out for another cdi and then still be in the same boat when that doesnt cure it .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.