Mcleod
This post is 2832 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, just registered and have a feeling I'm already doing things wrong (maybe shouldn't have had that last beer). If I am, please correct me and advise of rules and protocols. I'm an old guy who has picked up biking again after 36 years (I know, I know) and I really enjoy my Dragstar 125. Have already read and been amused by (in a fun way) by some threads. I have never ridden a cruiser before ( I know it's only a baby cruiser) and I understand and appreciate all the comments about how different it is. Having said that, I love it. I love the "smell the roses" feel of it and the fact that (as commented on in the threads) awareness, observation and planning ahead are a really positive experience. Obviously, I have a steep learning curve ahead but so far loving it. Love the forum too and hope I never offend (if I do it certainly won't be intentional). Thanks

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Mcleod.

We are a very loose group of folk so unless your giving personal abuse then its hard to offend (come off it have you found the pic of Foamy that we all dread to think of.....?) :)

I had a 125 draggy too and i also loved it till i got the 650, then the grin factor just grew and grew!

• Like 2

Hi Mcleod, you can't offend this lot, they are insane. Folks from all over the world and we get on cos we help out if we can, no snide remarks no making folks feel stupid cos we all had to learn how to do it and like the fact that we can get youngsters interested in bikes by showing them "how to". Join in mate, your most welcome.

• Like 1

Hi Noise, Hi Slice. I can understand the grin factor. The gent I bought the 125 from has now passed his test and acquired a beautiful 650 Dragstar. He is so chuffed and so I am I. I reckon we both got what we wanted. My 125 is 16 years old and, like me, has a few knocks and scratches and, unlike me, loads of character. Once I listen and learn a bit more I hope I can be a productive and (probably unwittingly) amusing member. Thanks for the welcome. Until 3 weeks ago I hadn't ridden a bike for 36 years but I'm still alive and promise to warn you if I'm out and about in your neck of the woods! Thanks again. In the past 3 weeks I've bumped into (?) so many Yamaha enthusiasts and bikers of all colours. I had forgotten what a vibrant and varied community bikers are. Sorry about the verbosity - just so happy.

• Like 1

Welcome Mcloud [ lord of the isles]..  good to see your back on 2wheels, B)

• Like 1

Thanks blackhat 250. I'm certainly not Lord of the Isles let alone my own two wheels but I'm getting there. Thanks for your welcome.

1 hour ago, blackhat250 said:

Welcome Mcloud [ lord of the isles]..  good to see your back on 2wheels, B)

There can be only one. 

:wavey: Welcome aboard McLeod!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sacha said:

There can be only one. 

:wavey: Welcome aboard McLeod!

Ah Mr sasha "  :D, [ see other newbee  post Hello very happy here,,,]    :crylaugh:

• Like 3

And they say the camera never lies

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online