End of an era

wild foamy
This post is 2821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congratulations Steve, its a massive culture shock tho and the first few weeks are a litte tough to adjust into "your own" routine. Hopefully your find a new job easy enough but i can truly say that even tho the Mob satisfaction wears off there is never a civvy job that compares to the satisfaction that the mob jobs give you deep down. 

I'd give anything to be back with my pongos, regret every day since i was fubar'd

Good luck with the future mate. Top tip DO NOT even contemplate joining HM Prison service alot of ex service men did in the 80s and 90s and it was great back then. Now you would be better on the streets its an awful job now. After 20yrs im about to leave and join MOD in a civvy role. Avoid like the plague.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, pignapper said:

Good luck with the future mate. Top tip DO NOT even contemplate joining HM Prison service alot of ex service men did in the 80s and 90s and it was great back then. Now you would be better on the streets its an awful job now. After 20yrs im about to leave and join MOD in a civvy role. Avoid like the plague.

I agree, know a few peeps who regretted that decision

• 2 weeks later...

The way I look at it Steve is if I had stayed in for the duration (22 years) I most likely would be on a good pension now. BUT, I wouldn't have met my wife whom I have been with for over forty years and had my two most beautiful kids that I could ever wish for.

Mike.

• Like 1

The way I look at it Steve is if I had stayed in for the duration (22 years) I most likely would be on a good pension now. BUT, I wouldn't have met my wife whom I have been with for over forty years and had my two most beautiful kids that I could ever wish for.

Mike.

Yeh agree mate. If not for hmp i wouldnt have met my wife or had my girls but although a scary thought, moving on could be the best decision.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online