End of an era

wild foamy
This post is 2821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there peeps.

The day has finally come, i have handed in my notice and in 12 months or so my military career will be at an end, it is with giddy anticipation that i prepare for life 'outside the wire'...

So after (what will by then be) 8 years of employment i feel i am no longer gaining the same satisfaction with my job and employer as i once did and the time has come to cut loose

Parts of it have been fun, i've been drunk in some weird and wonderful place, and on the flip-side i've found myself in some right utter shit-holes, easy come easy go i suppose.

as to what i will do after, who knows?. Something engineering based almost definitely but probably not in the aviation industry, might end up living on a boat and hunting for aliens and stuff, i haven't decided yet.

this has been a happy day :)

• Like 5

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good move stevie, , one door closes &another opens,  . the rest of your life is ahead,, freedom,,:thumb:

Oh the places you'll go! :yeah:

Good luck mate, you will find it different being a civvie tho. No more armed guards when you roll home drunk to tuck you in !!! :lol:

• Like 1

Wow, big decision! Good luck with whatever happens next and we'll see you on the outside! :)

good luck Steve, still remember that photo of you planking on the chinnook

Hunting for aliens?

Let me know if you need an M41-A Pulse Rifle, yeah?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Hunting for aliens?

rail guns are better

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

6 hours ago, drewpy said:

rail guns are better

Amateurs... all about the fuel rod gun a'la Halo!

Getting all giddy and excited anyway, been gathering up all my excess kit that i dont use/have never used so i can take it back in, still got another 12 months to go though so no doubt i'll have a couple more trips abroad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wild foamy said:

Amateurs... all about the fuel rod gun a'la Halo!

Getting all giddy and excited anyway, been gathering up all my excess kit that i dont use/have never used so i can take it back in, still got another 12 months to go though so no doubt i'll have a couple more trips abroad.

any spare kit let me have it for scouts ;)

Aliens? Crowbar like Gordon Freeman... :thumb:

Good luck in civvy street Foamy :)

23 hours ago, drewpy said:

good luck Steve, still remember that photo of you planking on the chinnook

I remember a different pic! Just wish I didn't

Good luck mate with whatever you decide to do

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tommy xs said:

I remember a different pic! Just wish I didn't

Good luck mate with whatever you decide to do

you would have to bring that up, I'd all but forgotten it

• Like 2

of course you don`t have the same satisfaction, is the human nature, we get bored of everything (excepting bikes). well, you will find the civil life a lot better, even if you will not travel so much ;) when I was in army, I like it even the army in romania is a lot worst than in UK (we have a word to describe the army experience in romania: you will never know what is the true stupidity until you get in army), but was just one year. I guess after 2-3 years you start losing your attraction for this thing. I will be glad to help you with the aliens if you ever need help.

On 6/16/2016 at 8:49 PM, drewpy said:

any spare kit let me have it for scouts ;)

i've got an old S10 gas mask that i turned into a beer bong... but im guessing that wouldnt be very appropriate for the scouts?...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wild foamy said:

i've got an old S10 gas mask that i turned into a beer bong... but im guessing that wouldnt be very appropriate for the scouts?...

not really :babyha:, any bivvie stuff or night vision?

When i had my COs interview he said  ''lts probably the last thing on your mind but XXX TA unit is looking for men of your caliber'' he was bloody right it was the last thing on my mind.

There where times of regret (usually after about 10 or so pints) as a mate used to say at such times, ''go out into the back garden dig a trench, i will throw rook scareres at you hose you down every now and then, you can have cold food and i will make sure you dont get to sleep for more than a hour here and there and after 3 or 4 days we will have the same conversation'' That was enough.

Being that my first 4 are 2472, that was rather a long time ago ;)

Mark%201988_zpsfuwgktvn.jpg

• Like 2

Good luck Stevie boy. Although it was a long time ago for me (43 years) you will never forget your 9 years in the RAF. And it will take a while adjusting to civvy life but all the best and I hope you will find employment easy. My Navy career seen me through right up until retirement.

All the best Steve.

• Like 1

Good luck! I'm always on hand to hold your helmet should you get lonely in civilian life...!

*Squires meet-up reference...*

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online