GUARANTEED THIS WILL STUMP NEAR ENOUGH ANY RIDER OUT THERE!

125fightingmachine
This post is 2842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So got the bike up and running yesterday. Went to go start her up today and she was ticking over fine.. Rolled her out the garage door (rear first) and she started revving real high on her own so I thought right okay, must have a carb/air filter problem but then rollled her back in and she starts ticking over normally again? I did the same thing several times with different time gaps but every time as soon as the bike comes out of the shade, revvs like hell?! 

Any suggestions? :blink:

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Maybe it is an albino and doesn't like the sun

• Like 2

1. Your twisting the throttle when your wheeling her out
  2. The throttle cable is routed wrong and is snagging round the head stock
  3. Floats in the bowl adjusted and have become too sensitive.

Have you recently done any work to her? or had someone work on it? if so what was done?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 125fightingmachine said:

Cheers for all the replies! :D:D:D problem solved - the throttle cable adjuster nut near the carburetor was too loose, gave her a tighten and off we go! Unfortunately I've got another wee issue I'll post in yamabyys 

Hey well done fella, shame no one here suggested an issue with the throttle cable...like you say though it would stump almost everyone ;)

• Like 3

Kinda disappointed in lack of stumping guarantee - Throttle cable issues would have been my second thought, with not realising you're twisting the throttle being the first... but only because I've done that myself.

• Like 2