Now for something completely different

anyoldiron
This post is 2852 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

love the stationary engines, used to visit steam fairs at Chassen and there's loads of them all singing away.

Yes very rudimentary radiators, but do the job.

They powered everything and anything from log splitters, to milking machines, to generators etc etc

Here is the last evolution of the hit and miss engine, with a very basic throttle control

• Like 1

Still do a lot of steam shows with my old man (he builds and exhibits miniature steam engines, i drink beer and rumage through the autojumble)

Got a Stuart Turner R1M to go in my boat if you fancy lending a hand?... cant get it to spark

SUPERB. :thumb: i used to work a cement mixer [1970"s]  with a water cooled petrol engine,  had to top up the water now & again ,

3 hours ago, wild foamy said:

Still do a lot of steam shows with my old man (he builds and exhibits miniature steam engines, i drink beer and rumage through the autojumble)

Got a Stuart Turner R1M to go in my boat if you fancy lending a hand?... cant get it to spark

To be honest Foamy im a bit of a novice at this, this is where i go when im stuck ( which is alot)  http://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5  these guys know everything.  As for me near anything with steam could prove fatal to my bank account, i  mean, whats not to love about steam engines!

Ah it isnt steam though, it's a two stroke single cylinder marine engine... all of around 1.5hp!  i'll post up a snap when im back

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online