Dyno time on the FZ

drewpy
This post is 2879 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Took the FZ to the dyno today to see if any mods i have done were any good.

dyno%20run%202016_zpssk9ws54x.jpg

best run was 60.09hp which is 5hp over stock. Without changing the carbs thats as much as the racers get, so i'm well chuffed

dyno%20graph%202016_zpsstgf4xtn.jpg

interesting that the operator said I could go down a jet size or try and weaken the lower end. the bottom graph is the fuelling and the median line is what we're aiming for. theres a couple of flat lines there where it so rich the dyno can't measure it.

I also have a dip in the 5.5k rpm which is about 10 hp worth there. which is where it is rich. the rev counter reads 500 rpm under but as the main gains are around 9 - 9.5 I suppose its not much point going higher up.

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

tHAT sounds   great, smooth motor, I thought these were bigger than that ,[ power ]

Loverly sound! and a good reslut for you!

How much was this dyno run if you don't mind me asking? thinking about getting the bandit done to see if i have the right jets in

60hp at the wheel is good, motor prob putting out 70 at the crank

cost me £30 well worth it, i've dropped the needles one notch and the motor feels a lot better for it. I'm going to leave the main jet at 112.5 as it was slightly lean at 10k rpm.

Thats a really good price, i thought you was going to say something like £80 haha.

I think im going to have to adjust the needles on the bandit, im running 147's :blink:

2 hours ago, Noise said:

Thats a really good price, i thought you was going to say something like £80 haha.

I think im going to have to adjust the needles on the bandit, im running 147's :blink:

just get it on the dyno and stop guessing.

the cost mounts though if you want to check what you've done works well.

As its not a track bike I'm happy as it is knowing I have it set up in the zone

• Like 2

I love that sound, kind of amazing how far motorcycles have come since this era of motorcycles, but honestly I'd prefer this over a more modern bike any day of the week. 60hp isn't to be sniffed at. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drewpy said:

just get it on the dyno and stop guessing.

the cost mounts though if you want to check what you've done works well.

As its not a track bike I'm happy as it is knowing I have it set up in the zone

I have found a dyno just down the road from me so once she's back on the road i'll book her in, she ran great when i took her for the MOT only had a dead spot at about 5k but picked up her knickers at 6k, as you say they will be able to nail down what to set her too.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online