Annoying Rattle

DeeG
This post is 2861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon

As you can see I'm new to this forum and also to geared bikes.

I have an annoying rattle on my bike and was wondering if anyone knows what it could be.

When I'm in a low gear i.e pulling away or slowing down and changing down the gears an annoying rattle starts, but when I start to pick up speed again the rattle stops. When I am going slow the rattle stops when the clutch is in and the revs are off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

2 things that I can think of that make that sound, exhaust baffles loose or the clutch basket is worn, as it stops when you pull the clutch in I would hazard a guess that it's the clutch basket, make a video of it and bung it up on youtube then copy across here, that way we can have a better idea of the noise it's making and help out if we can. But if it is the clutch basket then you will need to change it, an easy job if you have the tools and skill for it or an expensive one if you don't, lot's of youtube videos on this subject so pop over there and type in something like "clutch rattle" or "motorbike rattle" and see what comes up. Best of luck. 

This guy has some ideas?

You don't have to take the engine out to do the clutch this guy just did for some reason, so don't panic about it.

Checked your cain recently?

I did take the bike into the garage last week and they said about the chain, so they adjusted it for me, but the rattle is still there.

Ive booked it in again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online