Miller exhaust on my xvs 1300

David Humphreys
This post is 2835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am new to this forum  I have put a miller slip on exhaust on my XVS 1300 and it sounds great I was told by a mechanic that I had to put a power commander v on the bike because Yamaha run on top end of lean so I have done that .

I have downloaded the maps for the commander  there is about 14 maps for the make and model and year of my bike,  none of which are for the miller slip on , there is vance & hines  cobra  but to name a few .

I have tried most of the maps,  most of them make the bike miss at low revs  in traffic . is there a map for this miller slip on  out there somewhere.

and did I need a power commander in the first place ??

any feed back would be great.

Regards Dai

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How did the bike run without the power commander fitted?

20 hours ago, David Humphreys said:

hi thanks for replying the bike ran good no missing at all but that was with the stock exhaust on and no commander .

Take the power commander off and see how she runs. if she runs better then leave it off. If it still runs like a bag of crap ask the bloke who reccomended it to see if he knows/can find a map for that set up.

Hi many thanks, I have been in touch with dynojet  and the closest map to the spec of my bike is M22-049-502 if no change they suggest taking it to a dyno jet tuning centre and make a map to suit   ,so I will try 502 map first if no change then  I will speak to the mechanic that installed the commander.

speaking to other people they seem to think that I didn't need commander  because I only changed the end cam and not the complete exhaust system .

Edited by David Humphreys
spelling
  • Like 1

I had a Cobra slip-on on my old 1300 and it didn't need a P.C. the only thing I did was the O2 mod but that was to help low gear surging rather than top end. Hope you get sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05 June 2016 at 8:34 PM, clarke said:

I had a Cobra slip-on on my old 1300 and it didn't need a P.C. the only thing I did was the O2 mod but that was to help low gear surging rather than top end. Hope you get sorted.

hi sorry  for  the long wait to reply , I email miller in Germany  and they said no I don't need one also spoke to Yamaha and they said the same unless I changed the hole complete exhaust system or doing high mileage and flat out speeds so I'll  be taking it off tonight.

many thanks to all that all that replied to my message .

Edited by David Humphreys
spelling mistake

It won't harm leaving it on (if set up correctly), though you could remove and sell to get some ££ if you want

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online