Leathers?

JohnR6
This post is 6521 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need to get some leathers soon, I'm just wearing textile pants and jacket at the moment, they are good, do the job and keeps me dry when I'm cummuting to work everyday on my 05 R6.

Anyway, I was wondering what leathers do you guys wear?

I had my sight set on some Alpinestars 1pz but then I saw some Arlen Ness ones which where cheaper and looks more protective (and also I love that dragon logo on them!).

I'm also not too sure whether to get a 1pz suit or 2pz? 1pz is probably more protective but 2pz is more practical and I would use them for work too. If I got 1pz, I wouldn't feel right going to work with them and idiots on the road will always try and race you haven seen you with your full racing kit on!?!

anyway, what do you guys wear for riding?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Funnily enough, I'm looking for a new set at the moment. Love the styling of the Arlen Ness gear and might go for their kit.

But, from reviews in magazines (and a commendation from a mate of mine) I think you could do a lot worse than the Teknik (sp?) Chicane suit - amazing value.

Funnily enough, I'm looking for a new set at the moment. Love the styling of the Arlen Ness gear and might go for their kit.

But, from reviews in magazines (and a commendation from a mate of mine) I think you could do a lot worse than the Teknik (sp?) Chicane suit - amazing value.

Yeah, I've heard that the Teknik stuff are good too but I'm either going with Alpinestars or Arlen Ness. I guess you are paying a fair bit of money for them so best is to get what you like the look of, but protection wise, they're all pretty good TBH especially if you're paying £400+ for a set.

Check these Arlen Ness out, look pretty good and a fair price for what they are:

http://www.harpersraceshop.co.uk/item2227.htm

I wear 'Richa' leathers.

I always choose to go with 2 peice leathers that zip all the way round, if they're good enough for race schools there good enough for me. it gives the bonus of taking the jacket off down the pub in summer instead of overheating. Everyone I know who has a 1 peice suit wishes they'd bought 2 peice, although I'm sure not everyone feels the same.

Guest Tomg

i only wear a leather jacket but i have heard good things about Arlen Ness stuff, such as that its made of kangaroo leather which is lighter, more flexible and gives the same amount of protection. the stuff is reasonably priced with many designs too. :P

Alpinesarts stuff is good but you are partially paying for the name. i think anyway. although don;t get me wrong it is good stuff. :)

I picked up a Hein Gericke PSX-R two-piece suit to learn to ride in. Quality seems really good, and the price was certainly right. Styling is kinda simple, which I like, and the armor is a little on the thin side but it's in all the right places.

I wear RST RacePros all in one. They have colour schemes that match the R6 colours so you will look the don and they are really high quality at a decent price.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online