Yamaha virago XV250 project

PandP
This post is 2870 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well this is my new project, 1995 virago 250. Not sure what is missing as of yet but lots of work to do. The engine needs finishing off, previous owner had replaced one piston but needs the other doing. The new piston and rings are present but I have never done one so I'll learn as I attempt. I have the carbs but missing the diaphragm, spring and cover so I'll have to source those parts. Also missing front mud guard and exhaust. I have the header pipes and until I go through this lot, I'm unsure what else. All the chrome bits are rusted and everything else is just filthy but I'm not going to be discouraged, my Bros was worse and now it's a full running bike. Anyway I thought I would start this thread to show my progress. Here are some pics

20160519_105616_zpskuwj03tb.jpg

20160519_105627_zpss4ncwbu5.jpg

20160519_105640_zpsfo5tdijb.jpg

20160519_105654_zpsff9lytgi.jpg

20160519_105706_zps34krbtkm.jpg

20160519_105722_zpsgig9bnly.jpg

20160519_120348_zpsbdjmab6k.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
2 hours ago, PandP said:

Not sure what is missing as of yet ......

20160519_105616_zpskuwj03tb.jpg

Reading your post and only seeing that first pic ..................  I would have said you're missing quite a bit. :P

Then I saw the others ..... nevermind ...... lol

54 minutes ago, DutchFJ1200 said:

Reading your post and only seeing that first pic ..................  I would have said you're missing quite a bit. :P

Then I saw the others ..... nevermind ...... lol

Lol, after going through the bits I'm missing more than I thought.

18 minutes ago, Jack R1 said:

Good luck with the build :D

Thank you, I'll need it.

The engine, numerous bolts missing or appear to be. Looks like it was dismantled and thrown into boxes in no order. Little put off at the moment but I'll see how I go. So far I'm going to need header pipes, mine have been cut?? Brake disc, front mud guard, bearings for everything and a shit load of bolts. Can't seem to find spacers etc in the boxes. Im starting to think sell off for spares but will see.

I had the majority of the parts for my DT and it still ended up costing more than I expected. :biglaugha:

look forward to watching your progress. :)

52 minutes ago, Sacha said:

I had the majority of the parts for my DT and it still ended up costing more than I expected. :biglaugha:

look forward to watching your progress. :)

Thank you. I had most of my Bros but still ended up spending over £700 on parts :o

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online