New Family member

jimmy
This post is 2868 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

About 3yrs after our last dog was put to sleep we have succumbed to the lure of another. We have rehomed this beauty from Guide dogs Scotland. Just need to get the cats onside now.

IMG_1684_zpsexu6fikv.jpg 

• Like 10

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Beautiful looking dog! After losing our last dog, hubby and I swore we'd not go through that again... but we fostered this little darling and fell in love. After a year now, he's definitely our little man. :wub: They fill your heart while they're here for sure.

image.jpeg

• Like 10

What a handsome dog Jimmy. :D

• Like 1

Fantastic stuff Jimmy, looks like a cracking little pooch.

Here are my little ones:

39C8E896-5B72-4D54-B3F9-48487EB5B5CF.jpg

94C48844-9C57-45F6-85DA-91AC28E99ADF_1.j

• Like 3

Funnily enough bipps, seeing your first dog with its life jacket on, our dog failed her guide dog training because she was scared of water hoses. She led her 'charge' into the road to get away from someone washing his car. The trainers then manufactured a similar event and she done the same thing, so no good as a guide dog. We had her down at the beach last night and she would not go in over knee height. Due to the seriousness of her training she wasn't allowed and toys or to chase sticks (this could have been a serious distraction once she was working) so it is a new learning curve for her with toy reward

How old is she?   Hopefully she'll get used to the water over time - at least you know the issue.   Our Doberman x GSD is a temperamental little thing, very highly-strung.   She used to jump at cars, but we've managed to train that out of her now.   She's only just turned 1, still plenty of work to do, every day is a training day with her... couldn't be more different from our Husky...!

The picture is mis-leading, it's actually a backpack.   I was wild camping and hiking in Scotland a couple of weeks back, so he carries his own gear.   He eats over a kg of meat each day, so I need all the help I can get...!   Here's a better snap of his pack:

FB660170-6B8D-4370-9B87-9419FAD836C0.jpg

Anyway, the reason he was wearing a raincover over it was because we were dealing with quite some rain clouds...   Thanks Scotland, ha ha!

973AA8BF-0205-4321-BB4A-4E58C57BDB13.jpg

That said though, he does also swim.   It took some training (certainly not in a Husky's nature to like water).   I swam at a competitive level when I was younger, and used to surf (until an accident scuppered that hobby), so the poor little blighter comes with me whenever I jump in the sea or any other water source.   We once took a pointless day trip all the way up to Loch Ness because I realised I'd yet to swim it - 800 miles in one day just for a very cold paddle!   Needless to say, he does wear a lifejacket, so I don't have to stress about him.

8E2496A7-7F30-4285-99BB-8E06BAC3E583.png

D6B82E27-9EC0-4251-951E-87E7B3C2351F.jpg

• Like 5

Great story Bipps, ours is 20 months old, so plenty of time to get her some fun back

• Like 1

Wow Bippo! You are adventurous! :thumb: It's wonderful the dog gets to go with you on adventures... and helps carry the load. LOL Our boy is scared of water. Not sure why as he was a year old when we got him, but we were barely able to get him into the lake when we went camping (which he also wasn't a fan of). :/ He is my hubby's boy in that sense. :biglaugha:

Very beautiful dogs too Bippo!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2016 at 2:07 AM, Sacha said:

Beautiful looking dog! After losing our last dog, hubby and I swore we'd not go through that again... but we fostered this little darling and fell in love. After a year now, he's definitely our little man. :wub: They fill your heart while they're here for sure.

image.jpeg

You should use this as your Avitar Sacha. It's more becoming of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike1949 said:

You should use this as your Avitar Sacha. It's more becoming of you.

HAHAHAHA! You're sweet! You don't like my derp face?! :biglaugha: 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online