Bike Maintenance?

JohnR6
This post is 6524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

Having just picked up my new 05 R6 last Thursday, I was just wondering what sort of maintenance checks I should be doing and how often should I do them? Please can anyone give me like a to-do-list so I can get into a routine of doing it.

Also, I'm trying to take off those annoying stickers on my tank, been slowly scratching it out every now and then and it's still stuck on like a b&5tard. I heard the hair dryer works like treat but me living in on 5th floor in a block of flat at the mement, I can't get a long enough extension to to bring the dryer outside. I also heard some warm water with some baby shampoo works too, but have to scrub at it for a bit. Any tips on getting those stickers off?

My yoke is scratch too from my lock keys, so I've taken them off now and just put some sticker on the yoke, might get a carbon fibre yoke protector. Is your yoke scratched to f**k aswell?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi John, try the JML magic sponge, which you can get from woolies, it gets sticky lables of most things. Just use lots of water to avoid any chance of marking the tank. :D

Paul

Hi John, try the JML magic sponge, which you can get from woolies, it gets sticky lables of most things. Just use lots of water to avoid any chance of marking the tank. :D

Paul

Hi mate,

It's been raining outside and my bike is soaked so I just nipped out to see if the sticker is coming off easier and it is, I just have to keep working at it with my finger nail!! It'll eventually come off, bit of rain water, elbow grease and WD-40 should do the trick. :)

If you get left with sticky residue after it come off then get a small pot of cellulose thinneer from halfords and dampen a tissue and wipe off.

As for maintainence,

Just a basic riders check:

Tyres

Lights

Chain

Brakes,

More or less everything else should be covered by your service.

Best way is to use a Hair Dryer on the stickers, and they come off easily enough. Bit late now though!!

Hi Mate,

I've just managed to take off the stickers, been sratching it off for the last hour!! Now, there's only the residue left on it......I think some WD-40 will do the trick. I tried some alcohol solvent and it started coming off but dried up very quickly, so the residue is still there. I think WD-40 works best really. Anyway, gunna go to the motor shop to get some now.

Tell you guys what happens soon.

I've got the stickers off now. After hours of peeling the stickers left some residue so I used some WD-40 to loosen it up and it worked a bit but still left a thin layer of glue on there. I then whipped out some T-Cut and polised the glue out. My tank is all clean now!! :D

I was looking at my bike before and notice this little tiny tiny dint on thr front, can't really see it but I can!! :angry: Must have been from whne I was blasting down the motorway or something! Oh well, these things happen. :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online